Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Phones
In this tutorial, we will walk you through the process of installing TWRP Recovery on your Samsung device so that you can access all of its features. When it first came out, the Samsung device series quickly amassed a sizeable and dedicated fan base.
Installing TWRP Recovery on your Samsung device will give you the ability to flash custom ROMs, kernels, and mods. This can help you customize your device and enhance its performance beyond what the stock software offers.
Despite the fact that this has now become a reality, there is no getting around the fact that they were and continue to be among the most popular devices in terms of custom development. This fact cannot be hidden from view. It has even been recently bestowed with the most recent One UI 4.1 Android 12 update, which was made possible by a custom operating system (ROM).
That’s not even the point. There is a wide variety of specialised firmware, modules, and tweaks that can be loaded onto your device through the use of a flash drive. However, in order to complete the flashing process, you will need to make sure that your Galaxy device is equipped with the TWRP Recovery. In this tutorial, we will show you how to accomplish precisely that goal. Keep up with me here.
Benefits of TWRP:
- Backing up data: TWRP allows users to create a full backup of their device’s data, which can be restored later if something goes wrong during the installation of a custom ROM or any other modification.
- Flashing custom ROMs: TWRP makes it easy to flash custom ROMs, which can improve the device’s performance, offer new features, and update the Android version.
- Installing mods: TWRP allows users to install custom mods, which can add new functionality to the device or tweak existing features.
- Wiping cache and data: TWRP makes it easy to wipe the cache and data partitions of the device, which can help to fix issues such as boot loops or force closes.
- Rooting: TWRP can be used to root Android devices, which can give users access to advanced features and customizations.
Risks of TWRP:
- Bricking the device: If the installation of TWRP goes wrong, it can lead to a bricked device, which may require advanced recovery techniques to fix.
- Security risks: Installing TWRP may make the device more vulnerable to security threats, such as malware or data theft.
- Warranty void: Installing TWRP may void the device’s warranty, as it involves modifying the device’s firmware.
- Data loss: If the backup of the device’s data is not done properly, there is a risk of losing data during the installation of custom ROMs or mods.
- Compatibility issues: TWRP may not be compatible with all Android devices, which can lead to issues such as boot loops or system crashes.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Phones
For your convenience, the instructions that follow have been broken up into several different sections. Make sure that you proceed in the same order as it was described. This will help you avoid missing any important steps and ensure that you have a clear understanding of each section before moving on to the next. Take your time and follow the instructions carefully for the best results.
If there is a thermonuclear war, if your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device or its data as a result of following the steps outlined below, neither AMS nor its members will be held responsible.
1: Unlock Bootloader
To begin, you will have to unlock the bootloader on your device. This is the most important step. Be aware that this will cause all of the data on your device to be deleted, and it may also void the warranty if you choose to proceed. If you think that sounds like a good plan, you should check out our tutorial on how to unlock the bootloader on a Samsung Phones.
2: Download TWRP Recovery
Downloading the TWRP recovery image for your Samsung Phones. From the XDA Developers forum or the official TWRP website, you can download the most recent TWRP recovery image for your device. Make sure to download the appropriate image for the model of your device.
Download the No Verity ZIP file after that. By doing this, data partition encryption will be turned off. Once downloaded, move the TWRP IMG and No Verity ZIP files to your device, leaving the TWRP TAR file on your computer.
3: Download Odin
Then, in order to flash the TWRP TAR file to your Galaxy Note 9 device, you will need to get Odin. Download it, then extract it to a location on your computer that is convenient for you
4: Boot your Samsung phones into Download Mode
- Turn off your cell phone first.
- Connect your phone to your computer via its data cable and the volume up and down buttons.
“If your phone has a Bixby button, hit “Volume Down,” “Bixby,” and “Power Button” all at the same time.”
5: Flash TWRP on Galaxy Note 9
- To run the program, double-click the Odin3 v3.14.4.exe file.
- Afterwards, select the Options tab and deselect Auto-Reboot.
- In to the Options tab and uncheck Auto-Reboot.
- You can now load your TWRP TAR file by clicking on AP.
- Next, click Odin’s Start button. It will begin flashing. Odin will display the Pass message once you have completed the process.
- Remove your device from the PC. Press and hold the Bixby, Volume Down, and Power keys together until the Download Mode disappears.
- The screen will turn black when this happens. To forcefully enter TWRP, release the Volume Down button immediately and press the Bixby key + Volume Up + Power buttons for 10 to 15 seconds.
STEP 6: Initialize TWRP on Galaxy Note 9
- Go to the Install menu from the TWRP home screen.
- You can then install an image by tapping the Install Image button.
- Once the TWRP.img file has been selected, flash it using a right swipe.
- Click on the Install ZIP button once you have completed the installation.
- A right swipe is required to flash the zip file no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.1.
It’s all done. The device can be rebooted to the OS by selecting Reboot > System.
You have now successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy Note 9. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the aforementioned steps. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible with a solution.