Kodi is a popular media player that can be installed on Chromebooks. It allows users to access and stream their favorite movies, shows, music, podcasts, and more from the comfort of their own devices.
Kodi also offers an easy-to-use interface with support for various add-ons allowing users to customize the experience even further. With Kodi on Chromebooks, you can enjoy your favorite content anytime you want without having to worry about compatibility issues or other technical difficulties.
So in this tutorial, we will walk through how to install and set up Kodi on our Chromebook. in this guide I will install Kodi 19 matrix addition however you can use this method will all Kodi versions.
What is Kodi?
Kodi is an open-source media player software that provides a user-friendly interface to easily access and play digital media files from local and network storage media as well as the internet. Kodi is highly customizable with add-ons and skins and supports multiple operating systems including Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, IOS, Smart TV, Apple TV, MI Tv, Fire Sticks, Raspberry Pi, Chromebook, And Android TV Box making it a widely accessible multimedia platform.
Install Kodi on Chromebook with Google Play
This method is for the user who has access to the google play site on their Chromebook. This method is the same as we install other applications from the google play store. the user who doesn’t have access to the play store on their Chromebook can use another method that is listed below in this guide.
So let’s start installing Kodi player on Chromebook via google store. Follow the steps below.
- Launch the google play store on your Chromebook
- you will see the search icon at the top of the screen.
- In this search option, you can search for any app you want to install. As we are going to install Kodi so type it and press Enter.
- If you don’t like to type you can also give it a command via voice search.
- Kodi should appear in the list of results.
When the search result appears there are many applications with the Kodi keyword but you have to install an official app that is made by the developer XMBC Foundation and it is free.
- Now click on it and confirm the installation
- Installation may take some time depending on your internet connection speed.
All done. Check your apps Kodi icon will appear in other apps that are installed on your Chromebook.
how ever if you are facing an issue with the google play store on your Chormbook then you should try to restart your Chromebook by pressing and holding the power button for at least five seconds, then releasing it or read our guide to Fix Google Play Store if it doesn’t work on Chromebook.
Install Kodi on Chromebook with Arc Welder
#1: This method is for users who want to install Kodi throw a Google Chrome extension called Arc Welder:
#2: First of all download the arc welder extension on your Chromebook via this
#3: After installing the extension go to Kodi’s official website then go to the download page and download the Android ver of Kodi.
- Note: There are two versions of Kodi player on this page 32-bit and one 64-bit.
Depending on your operating system and your Chromebook model, you will have to download one or the other.
So as per your Chromebook and your OS download the version which is suitable for you.
Your version will almost certainly be the 64-bit version, but when in doubt, type “chrome://help” in the Chrome search bar and check if the version of Chrome is 32-bit or 64-bit.
- If your version is 32 bits, download the ARMV7A (32BIT) file
- If your version is 64 bits, download the ARMV8A (64BIT) file
#4: Open Arc Welder on the Chromebook after downloading the file. You’ll notice that the UI is very straightforward. You must click on the icon with the “+” symbol in this interface.
#5: Click the Open button, then navigate to the APK file you downloaded from the Kodi website.
The Arc Welder add-on will now process the application, which may take some time depending on your connection speed. As a result, it is important to be patient during this process and not assume anything is wrong
When it is finished, the Kodi preview will appear before your very eyes. Click Quiz. Kodi will start.
And that’s all there is to it; Kodi will launch in full-screen mode. Your installation is finished now that that’s done. It will take some time the first time you run Kodi, but after that, the procedure will be much more streamlined and should take much less time. Following that, you will be met by the home screen, which will have all of your preferred addons and settings.
How to use Kodi as a Chrome extension
In this part of the tutorial, we are going to look at how to install Kodi on Chromebook as a standalone addon. Installing Kodi on a Chromebook as a standalone extension is a straightforward and uncomplicated process. This strategy develops upon the prior one. To utilize this method, you must first install Kodi using Arc Welder and complete the steps in the previous section.
Using this way, you can launch Kodi without having to first launch Arc Welder. The procedure includes the following steps:
Start by following the instructions for installing Kodi on a Chromebook using Arc Welder.
In other words, you may get Ark Welder from this link and then use it to launch Kodi on your Android device. If you completed all of the above procedures, you will have a Kodi APK file that you may use.
Open Chrome and navigate to More Tools -> Extensions in the top right menu. There is a Developer Mode option at the top of the Extensions page. You must ensure that it is turned on.
Click the Load Unzipped button in the upper left corner.
You must search for the Kodi APK file. It is not, however, the file that you may download from the Kodi website. You must choose the file exported by Arc Welder. You’ll be able to know which ex it is by its name, which will be something like apk export. Choose this file.
When you select it, Chrome will import the file as an extension. So, that’s the whole thing. Now it’s as easy to use as any other app on Android.
- Is Kodi legal?
- While Kodi itself is not illegal, some Add-Ons may be.
- Can I install Kodi on Chromebook?
- Kodi is compatible with Firestick and can be downloaded and installed on it.
- What is the difference between Kodi and Netflix?
- While Netflix is a paid service that allows users to watch movies and TV shows whenever they want, Kodi is simply a media player.
- How do I update Kodi on my Chromebook?
- The Android version of Kodi can be kept up-to-date through the app itself or by downloading the most recent version from the official website. or read our detailed guide on it.
- Do I need a VPN to use Kodi on my Chromebook?
- A virtual private network (VPN) isn’t required to use Kodi, but it can improve security and privacy.