Many people take advantage of their trips to China to buy cheaper mobile phones. Brands like Redmi or Xiaomi sell their cheapest solutions in their country, as expected. But not everything is advantageous.
More than anything, because the Redmi and Xiaomi phones that you buy in China do not come with Google Play, nor do Google services. Blame it on China, which bans Google and its services on any device sold in China.
Step to install Google Play on a Xiaomi or Redmi
Luckily, we can avoid the hassle of not having access to the internet giant’s app ecosystem. Following the steps indicated by Techaíritu, we will see the different steps to install Google Play on any Xiaomi or Redmi mobile phone with Chinese ROM.
Install Google Play on your Xiaomi or Redmi
To install the Google application store on a Xiaomi or Redmi with Chinese ROM, you have to follow the following steps.
- Open GetApps on your phone and confirm that you have an Internet connection.
- Type in the search bar “Google Play Store” without quotes and select Google Play when it appears on your mobile.
- Now, you will see that Google Play Store appears on your phone screen with the information and features. Click on it to start the installation process.
Touch to solve problems with Google Play on your Redmi or Xiaomi
Now that you have installed the Google Play Store, you will most likely have problems with the app. Fortunately, the solution is very simple.
- After installing Google Play on your Redmi or Xiaomi, you will see that when you open the app, a message appears like “The application requires the Google services certificate to work “. Click OK to start downloading and installing.
- Open Google Play and confirm that it works. Continue to fail? Head to Settings> Applications> Permissions and enable all permissions for Google applications.
- Restart the phone and then go back to Google Play. You will be able to log in and start downloading all applications normally.
What to do if all the above fail
Don’t worry, if you haven’t been able to install Google Play on your Xiaomi or Redmi phone as we have explained, there is a very simple alternative.
- Download the APK from Google Play, available through this link.
- Enable permissions to install apps from unknown sources and install the APK.
- When you open the application once installed, you will see the message ” The application requires the Google services certificate to work “. Click OK for the services to be installed.
- Finally, accept the terms and conditions of the application and you can now use the Google Play Store on your Redmi or Xiaomi with Chinese ROM.