Despite the prohibitions that the United States has imposed on Huawei, the Chinese brand continues to launch really very good smartphones both because of how powerful they are and because of their great cameras. Unfortunately, we cannot say the same about its operating system, which, although it is still Android, now comes without Google services and applications.
This makes it quite difficult to use and install many applications that we are all used to enjoying on an Android with Google. Luckily, many developers have been given the task of creating methods to install Google services on Huawei and Honor phones. The problem is that many of these methods are a bit complicated to follow, do not work at all well, or have already stopped working.
For that reason, this time we bring you a new way to install Google services on your Huawei or Honor device. It is one of the simplest methods that have come up so far since you will only have to use a simple application to achieve your goal.
How to install Google Play on Huawei and Honor thanks to the Dual Space app
Dual Space is the name of the new application that has appeared on the Internet that allows you to install Google Play (with Google services included) easily on your Huawei or Honor without Google. Actually, the true purpose of this application is to allow you to clone applications to open two different accounts of an app on the same mobile.
However, curiously, the app comes with Google services included, so when you install it on your Huawei or Honor it automatically installs Google Play without you having to do anything. Where did this application come from? Actually, you don’t really know. Our friend Eloy Gómez TV has shared it on his channel and has verified that it works without problems and without anything strange.
Use it at your own risk and preferably do not use the Google Play Store that installs this app with your personal Google account, since we do not know who is behind this app. That said, here below we leave you the link to download the APK of Dual Space in UpToDown.
Download | Dual Space APK
Once the APK is downloaded, press it and install it as you would any other. After installation, open the app, grant it the requested permissions, and then you will see that the Google Play Store will already be on your mobile for you to download the applications you want.
Compatible phones with this method and limitations
For now, it has been confirmed that the Dual Space application can install Google Play Store without problems on the following devices:
- Huawei P40 Pro +, P40 Pro, P40, P40 Lite, and P40 Lite E.
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro and Mate 30.
- Huawei Mate XS.
- Huawei Nova 7i.
- Huawei Notepad Pro.
- Honor V30 pro
- Huawei Y7P.
- Huawei Matepad T8
- Honor 20i.
- Huawei Y8P.
- Huawei Nova 7 SE and Nova 7 5G.
On other devices, it may or may not work. On the Huawei Y6P, for example, it doesn’t work. Also, it is worth clarifying that with this application your Huawei or Honor will not work as if it had Google services natively. There are several limitations to consider, but the main ones are these:
- The beta applications offered by the Google Play Store do not work.
- There are many games and apps that cannot be installed or work poorly with these Google services.
- Apps that ask for your permission to always access the location don’t work either.
- You cannot download the content that you have purchased from the Google Play Store.
- Dual Space sets a notification on your mobile which is where you will receive notifications from apps (with some delay) that use Google services.
In short, we recommend that you try Dual Space yourself and so you will know if it works for what you need.
- How to pair Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro using Huawei Health app
- Answer WhatsApp and Telegram messages on the Huawei Watch GT3
- The best tricks for the Huawei Watch GT – Guide
- How to Pair the Huawei Band 7 Android – IOS
- How to Set Up Honor Watch Magic 2 Smartwatch
- How to pair Huawei Band 6 with mobile
- How To Pair HUAWEI Watch GT 3 SE – Guide