Format A Single Partition In Huawei Y5II CUN L21 using Huawei Y5II CUN L21 Secure Boot DA File. This is a step by step guide showing how to format a single partition of a Huawei Y5II CUN L21 using SP flash tool.
Why would I want to format a single partition on my Huawei Y5II CUN L21?
There are different causes why one might want to format a single partition on a Huawei Y5II CUN L21. One such example is when your device is FRP locked, all you need do is to format only FRP partition OR maybe you need to perform a factory reset but you are unable to boot into recovery mode for some weird unknown reasons, all you need is to format user data and cache partitions. The method below will show how we can do this.
Requirements to format one single partition on my Huawei Y5II CUN L21:
- Supported Phone: Huawei Y5II CUN L21
- Charge your mobile: You may no less than a half charge.
- Laptop or PC: To execute this installation, you must use a PC or Laptop.
Take Huawei Y5II CUN L21 Backup:
- First Create a copy of your Call Log – Contacts – Sms – Etc With G Backup
- Second Make a duplicate of current Huawei Y5II CUN L21 Firmware With MTK Droid Tool
- Third backup Huawei Y5II CUN L21 IMEI NVRAM
Download Huawei Y5II CUN L21 Flashing Tool And Drivers:
- Huawei Y5II CUN L21 Flash Tool: Download the latest SP Flash tool and extract it (Install)
- Huawei Y5II CUN L21 VCOM driver: Get VCOM Driver and set up on your pc (still works with MT67xx phones)
- Windows 10/Pro users: READ: How To Install MTK USB Vcom Driver On Windows 10 (32 & 64 bits)
Huawei Y5II CUN L21 Secure Boot DA File Detail:
- File Name: DA_SWSEC.Huawei_MYA-L03 .7z
- Device Supported: Huawei Y5II CUN L21
- Tool Supported: Sp Flash Tool
How to Format a Single Partition of Huawei Y5II CUN L21:
1. The steps below explain how to format a single partition of a Huawei Y5II CUN L21 using SP flash tool.
2. Extract the content of the SP flash tool zip file and Launch SP flash tool.
3. Select the scatter file for your device by clicking choose besides the scatter-loading file’s dropdown bar.
4. In the windows that appear next, navigate to and select the Huawei Y5II CUN L21 scatter file.
5. You should now be taken back to the SP flash tool window, Click on the Format tab.
6. Tick the checkbox beside “Manual format flash”
7. Open windows explorer and navigate to the location of the scatter file you selected earlier on then open it using Notepad++
8. Scroll down the contents of the scatter file till you get to the partition you wish to format [in my case, I’m trying to format FRP partition]
9. Input the values of Linear_start addr and partition_size into SP flash tool then Click on Start
Linear_start addr = Begin Address
partition_size = Format Length10. Power off the phone (with the battery in) then connect to the PC via a USB cord. Once successful, you should get a green tick.
11. Now you can boot up the Huawei Y5II CUN L21.
- Once SP flash tool has detected your device, avoid disconnecting till the task is complete as this might cause the Huawei Y5II CUN L21 to go dead.
- If you accidentally selected “Autoformat – Format all”, your device will go dead and you’ll need to flash full Huawei Y5II CUN L21 stock ROM to revive the phone.
- Avoid using a random Huawei Y5II CUN L21 scatter file (even though its for your chipset) in Sp flash tool. Just because a scatter file is for your chipset doesn’t mean it contains the same partition info. Formatting with a wrong scatter file could result in more problems than you initially intended to fix.
- SP flash tool was created by MediaTek Inc. so credits to them for the tool.