How to Update the Echo Dot Alexa
Know how to update Alexa on your Echo Dot to the most latest versions. You will also learn how to check for and install the most recent software version in this tutorial. In general, Echo Dot Alexa updates are installed automatically on devices.
This results in getting rid of bugs and the improvement of device performance, as well as the addition of new features as needed.
What exactly is Echo Dot Alexa? Alexa is an intelligent personal assistant from Amazon. Alexa is a cloud-based voice service that can assist you with tasks, entertainment, and general information, among other things. This virtual assistant is also available on a number of Amazon devices.
How to check for an update through the Alexa app?
When updates are required, they are automatically installed on the Alexa device. However, you can easily check for new updates by performing the following steps:
- Go to “Settings” in the Alexa app.
- Then tap on “Device Options”.
- Tap “Check for software updates”.
- Tap “Install” if an update is available.
How to force a self-check through the Echo Dot device?
- Make sure the power is on and the device is connected to WiFi. You can test by asking Alexa the time or about the weather.
- Then press the MUTE button once and release (do not hold).
- At this time, the ring should turn red. Not
- After the device has been muted for 2-3 minutes, Alexa will notify you that an update is needed.
- Echo Dot will restart upon completion.
- Turn off the Echo Dot for 10 seconds.
- Turn it back on and immediately tap the “Mute” button once.
- The microphone led will turn red.
- The device starts updating immediately.
- Just wait for the process to complete.
It might take 30 minutes to finish on average. The device will restart (all lights will turn off) after the update is finished and then turn back on as if you had just plugged it in.
How to find out what is the current version of Echo Dot Alexa?
When Alexa devices are connected to the internet via Wi-Fi, software updates are automatically downloaded. The steps listed below can be used to check if your Echo Dot has the most recent version if you’re unsure.
- In the Alexa app, go to the main screen and tap Menu.
- When expanding, tap Settings.
- Select the desired Alexa device.
- Scroll down to the “About” section to view the software version.
Once you know the version, visit the page to learn which Alexa devices can automatically download software updates and what the most recent version is.
Suggested For You: