How To Translate WhatsApp Conversation Automatically
WhatsApp is the most popular instant messaging app today. Over time it has evolved and improved, so it now includes many interesting options that undoubtedly improve the user experience and make it much more useful.
However, there are functions that WhatsApp does not yet have and therefore we need other apps to solve it. In this case, we will talk about how we can quickly translate those words into another language that we find difficult to understand during a conversation, without having to leave WhatsApp. It has happened to all of us at some point, so don’t worry.
The two easiest and fastest methods to automatically translate a WhatsApp conversation
After this tutorial, you will go from not knowing how to automatically translate WhatsApp conversations to knowing not one but two very simple and fast methods.
For this, you need two Google applications; Gboard and Google translator.
First method: learn how to translate a WhatsApp message with Gboard in simple steps:
- The first thing you will need is the Gboard application, below we leave the download link on Google Play.
- Enter the conversation, write the message you want to translate in the Gboard bar and before sending it, click the three ellipsis button on the right.
- You will see several options, select the one that says Translate. This function is thanks to the fact that Gboard and Google Translate are well integrated.
- A small bar will appear below the text bar, this indicates the input language and the output language, you can configure or invert it, as you prefer.
- As you write in this bar, the translation of the message will automatically appear in the main bar.
- Once you have written or pasted what you want and see that everything is in order, you can send the message without any problem, it’s that easy.
If you have doubts, take a good look at the example images that appear above.
Download Gboard to your mobile:
If you still do not have Gboard on your mobile, here we leave the download link so you can install and test it.
In addition to serving to automatically translate WhatsApp conversations, Gboard has many other interesting functions that make it one of the best keyboard applications.
And if you do not have Gboard and you feel comfortable with your current keyboard application, in the following method we explain how to use Google Translate to automatically translate what you want, regardless of the language or application you use, including WhatsApp.
Second method: learn to use Google Translate with WhatsApp and with any other app:
Before using Google Translate to translate any message on WhatsApp, there are a couple of previous steps you should follow:
- Open Google Translate. If you still don’t have it, you can download it at the link that we have left below.
- Once you have opened Google Translate, display the side menu, on the left.
- Go to the Settings option.
- Select the option that says “Press to translate. “
- Click the “Enable” button.
It will ask you to grant the application a couple of permissions in order to function properly:
- Option to activate automatically.
- Show pop-up windows.
Don’t worry about activating them, the only real downside to these features is that they could consume more battery if you get used to using it frequently.
Use the Google Translate popup on WhatsApp and in any app:
If you don’t want to translate what you write using the Gboard function, you can directly use the Google Translate popup window.
If you followed the previous steps, using this function will be very easy and fast. Sometimes even faster than translating with the Gboard.
- You just have to select the text you want to translate.
- Once you have selected everything you want to be translated, click on the Copy option.
- The floating Google Translate bubble will automatically appear in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on it to display the window where the translation of the text you have copied appears.
- If it is well translated, you can copy the text again and insert it in the bar to send it as a message through WhatsApp.
In addition to this, you should take into account a couple of important tips :
The floating Google Translate bubble will appear for a short time, so select it before it disappears, or else you will have to repeat the process. Usually, the program automatically detects the source language, but you can also change it.
On the other hand, this function is not only useful in WhatsApp but you can also use it in applications such as Telegram, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or even while you are writing some text in the mobile text editor.
Download Google Translate on your mobile:
If you do not have it yet, it is almost mandatory to install the Google Translator application on your mobile.
This is one of the best-worked applications of Google. In addition, you can use it even without having an Internet connection, among many other advantages.
Don’t forget to recommend this tutorial to your family and friends, you will surely save them a lot of time and unnecessary headaches.