How to set your TikTok account as private?
In order for your account to appear as private, meaning that no one can see the content you upload or which videos you like, you will have to activate the private mode:
- The first thing you should do is open the TikTok app. Within it, you must click on your account, that is, “I”.
- Therefore, you must click on the three small dots that are located at the top right of the screen.
- The TikTok Settings menu will open, there you will have to click on Privacy and security.
- You must activate the first option that appears on the screen, the one that says Private account, and that’s it.
By carrying out these steps, you will achieve that only the people you accept can see your videos, comment on them, and like them. This function is very similar to the one offered by Instagram since anyone who searches for your profile within TikTok must send you a follow-up request to be able to see all the content that you upload to the platform.
Did you know that you can hide your profile on TikTok?
If what you want is to appear as “invisible” within the social network, you do not need to look for tricks, since the platform itself allows you to completely hide your profile, how? As follows:
- Within Settings and privacy, you will have to click on Privacy and security.
- Therefore, you must click on the green button next to Recommend your account to others.
- Once this option is deactivated, your TikTok account will no longer be recommended to other users, so no one will be able to find you within the social network.
Last but not least, these options only serve to “disappear” from the view of other users, that is, TikTok will continue to have access to all your videos and data, as shown in the confirming report that the platform has spied on Android users. If you want absolutely no one to be able to find you on the social network, it would be best to delete your account.