However, if you have an Android and you use a Mac computer, File transfer becomes a bit more complicated. It is also not very difficult, but you must follow a series of steps and install a program that facilitates the file transfer.
Android File Transfer is the Google official app to transfer files from your Android to a Mac computer. Here’s how to use it so you can send your Android files to Mac OS X in the best way.
How to transfer files from Android to Mac OS X: the official method
Steps to transfer your files from Android to Mac OS X
- Once downloaded the file AndroidFileTransfer.dmg, double click on it.
- Now drag the app icon to the folder Applications.
- Open the Android File Transfer app and authorize its execution.
- Connect your Android to the computer using the USB cable.
- You will see a notification on your Android that you must press and select the option Transfer files.
- A window will automatically open on your computer that shows all the folders on your Android. Search for the file you want to transfer and drag it to a computer folder. And ready!
So you can transfer as many files as you want from your Android to Mac OS X. You can also drag the files from the computer to your Android folder to pass the files from the Mac to your Android.
Alternative method: use cloud storage services
The problem with the previous method is that it does not always work as well as expected. Sometimes the computer doesn’t even recognize your Android device, so you should know that you can also use cloud storage services (Google Drive, Dropbox, Mega, etc.) to send files from Android to Mac OS X, and vice versa.
All you have to do is upload the file you want to transfer to your account of the cloud storage service you prefer. Then, open that same account on your computer and download the uploaded file. That way, you will have transferred the file. Of course, for this, you need a fast and stable Internet connection.
If the file you want to transfer weighs less than 1.5 GB you can do the same but using Telegram. That is to say, send a message to yourself from your mobile attaching the file you want to pass and then open your Telegram account on the computer to download it. That easy!
If you know another better method, do not hesitate to suggest it through the comments.