Although Google Stadia is a paid service, its subscriptions only allow you to play some selected games on the platform. That means, if you want to play a specific game, chances are you should buy it just as you would on PC or consoles.
Luckily, on special occasions, companies give away games on Google Stadia through codes.
These game codes are also often used to invite you to try a game beta or to activate add-ons in a game. Be that as it may, if you have a game code for Google Stadia and you don’t know how to redeem it, don’t worry, because here we explain how to do it step by step.
Steps to redeem a game code in Google Stadia
First of all, it should be clarified that what we will teach you how to redeem here are game codes and not the codes to access Stadia: Premiere Edition.
Also, note that, for now, it is not possible to redeem game codes from the Stadia mobile app (Android and iOS), or from the Chromecast Ultra. This function can only be used from the website of the service.
That said, let’s see then how to redeem a game code in Google Stadia:
- Open the Google Stadia web app on your PC.
- If you haven’t already done so, sign in with your Google Stadia account.
- Now click on your profile icon (located in the upper right corner).
- In the drop-down menu, click Stadia Settings.
- On the left side of the open page, tap Redeem code.
- Lastly, enter the game code in the displayed text box or simply copy and paste it. Then tap Redeem and you’re done.
That is all! Thus, you will see the game or the exchanged content and you can add it to your account. In case after performing all the steps you get an error message, then check the code well and enter it again. Also, check if the code has not expired, because that may be the problem.
Once you have redeemed the game, you will have it available in your account, ready to start playing.