Have you ever muted words on Instagram? If you live in the US, chances are good that you have. The site is one of the most widely used social media sites, and millions of users share images, videos, and stories on it every day.
But even though it’s a great way to stay in touch with loved ones, there are times when you might want to mute certain words to avoid seeing content you don’t like or find offensive. This article will walk you through the simple process of muting words on Instagram.
Why Mute Words on Instagram?
There are a lot of reasons why you might want to mute words on Instagram. For example, you might want to prevent yourself from seeing content about a specific event or subject in which you have no interest. Without unfollowing them, you might also want to stop seeing posts from a particular user. In addition, muted words can be useful for removing offensive or upsetting content from your feed.
How to Mute a word or phrase on Instagram?
To be able to silence a word or phrase on Instagram, it is necessary to enter the Hidden Words section on Instagram, to do that, just follow the steps that we leave you below:
- Enter your Instagram Profile by pressing your photo in the lower right corner.
- Open the Settings menu by pressing the three lines in the upper right corner.
- Click on the Privacy option.
- Select the Hidden Words option.
- Go to the Manage custom words and phrases option and select it.
- Enter all the words and phrases you no longer want to see and tap Add.
- Finally, you can enable this filter not only for posts but also for comments and for new message requests, by doing this same process in the comments and messages section within the Hidden Words section.
Instagram has a word-muting feature that makes it easy to quickly mute words, phrases, and emojis that you don’t want to appear in your feed or story. It’s a great option if you want to remove unwanted content or simply streamline your Instagram experience. So try it out and see if it can help you!