How To Install Gcam on OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro have rear cameras with three sensors capable of making good quality shots, improved over previous models. The camera has always been the Achilles heel of the Chinese company’s devices and with the Google camera app, you could notice significant improvements.
Before starting it is good to specify that the port of the GCam app could present some bugs for which you must be aware that the port may not work properly.
OnePlus has greatly improved image quality compared to the previous generation OnePlus camera apps. However, Google Camera is better and also quite powerful.
The single-camera on the Pixel device is very effective and powerful to offer the best image and video quality with AI functionality. Google Camera offers a simple but exceptional user interface and settings that bring Night Sight, Portrait, HDR + Enhanced mode, Google Lens, etc.
There are some developers who are working hard to build the new official GCam app for other Android device models. OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro are the latest OnePlus devices to receive the port of the Pixel 3 Google Camera.
It has some additional features like Photosphere, HDR + Mode, Lens Blur, AR Stickers and more.
As mentioned above, Google focuses on camera software rather than camera lens or hardware. The powerful software Google Camera is able to offer sharp and clear images with AI mode compared to other devices.
To install Google Camera on your OP 7 and 7 Pro, it is not necessary to root the device. However, you need to install a configuration file via internal memory. Follow the steps carefully:
- First, you need to download the GCam APK file and the configuration file.
- Move both files to the device’s internal memory.
- Then, open the file manager on your device and look for a folder called ‘GCAM’in the internal root folder. If the folder is not available, create it with the same name. (It’s important)
- Now, go to the folder ‘GCAM’and create another folder called ‘Configs’.
- Now move the Config.XML file in the Configs folder.
- Install the Google Camera APK file normally on your device.
- If the app asks you to enable the option of unknown sources, you need to enable it and install GCam.
- After installing the Google Camera app, just launch it and provide all the required permissions.
- Now double-tap the blank area around the camera shutter button and you’ll get a popup like the option “Choose configuration”.
- Finally, choose the config.xml file that you moved earlier and then tap the button “Restore”.
You are now ready to easily use the Google Camera app on your OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro. In addition, you can make some changes to the settings even from the hamburger icon at the top left or from the option Other from the line above the shutter button. Also, touch and change the connection settings on the screen to find the best one for you.
If, for any reason, you are experiencing forced termination of the Gcam app, try these settings to try to resolve:
- Choose Nexus 6P in the options for the front camera model
- Select YUV format (you can also select this option to increase performance)
Now, you have successfully installed Google Camera on your OnePlus 7/7 Pro phone. When a new version of GCam is available, just uninstall this app and install the new version as shown above.