How To install Android 10 on Xiaomi Mi A1 [PixelExperience 10]
Although the Xiaomi Mi A1 no longer receives official Android updates, the owners of this phone can enjoy the latest version of the operating system.
Thanks to the developer community, the one that helps you bring your mobile to the latest versions of Android even if it is not officially possible. So this time, we will explain how to install Android 10 on the Xiaomi Mi A1.
Update your Xiaomi Mi A1 with Android 10
If you want to update your Xiaomi Mi A1 with Android 10, you will have to use a custom ROM. This will allow you to enjoy the latest version of Android without depending on the manufacturer.
Of course, before you start you must make a backup of what you have on your smartphone. Why? Because everything will be erased and there will be no possibility of recovering anything.
On the other hand, it should be noted that you need some prior knowledge and you must be careful not to take any risks. Also, make sure you have your battery charged and download the following files:
- Download | PixelExperience 10 for Xiaomi Mi A1
- Download | Gapps For PixelExperience 10
- Download | ADB and Fastboot Drivers for Windows
- Download | ADB and Fastboot Drivers for MAC
After you have downloaded all the files, you must unlock the bootloader. To do this, complete each of the steps that you will see below:
- Install the ADB and fastboot drivers on your computer.
- To unlock the bootloader of a Xiaomi Mi A1, you must enable USB debugging from the developer options. If you do not know how to do it, open the Settings of your mobile, go to Device and tap on the build number 6 to 8 times until the message that you are now a developer appears.
- Then head to Settings, Developer Options, and USB Debugging. This will enable USB debugging on the Xiaomi Mi A1
- Open the ADB folder on your computer and hold down Shift + right-click and select to open the Commands window and enter the command: adb reboot bootloader.
- When your phone starts up in fastboot mode, run this command: fastboot oem unlock .
- If you receive a message on your smartphone, tap Yes to confirm the unlock.
- After the process completes successfully, run this command: fastboot reboot.
After you have unlocked the bootloader, you will have to install TWRP. To do this, you must download the file from here, rename it to TWRP and save it in the adb folder. Then do the following:
- Go to the adb folder and hold Shift, then right-click inside the folder and select open command window here.
- Connect your Xiaomi Mi A1 to the PC and type: adb reboot bootloader.
- When in bootloader mode, type the following command: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img.
- Once TWRP displays correctly on your device, type this command to restart and end: fastboot reboot.
After you have installed TWRP, open the mode with this recovery and install the previously downloaded PixelExperience 10 ROM. To carry out this task, you must save the ROM files (which you downloaded at the beginning) in the mobile storage and follow these steps:
- Start your Xiaomi Mi A1 in TWRP mode; for that, with the mobile turned off, press the volume up combination + the power button 5 seconds.
- When you start the mobile in recovery, select Select wipe and press system, data, dalvik / ART cache, cache (make sure not to format the storage where you saved the PixelExperience 10 ROM file).
Now go back to the menu and flash the ROM first and then the GApps.
- Select Install, find the PixelExperience 10 .zip file, and click to install it. Ready!
- Now, wait for the installation process to complete and enjoy everything Android 10 has for you.
- If you want to have Google services on the Xiaomi Mi A1 then follow these same steps, but use the PixelExperience 10 GApps file that you downloaded earlier.
After completing each step, you can enjoy all the benefits of Android 10 on your Xiaomi Mi A1.
In other words, you will have access to gestures or dark mode in any application. It also grants location and application access controls.
In addition, this ROM has been adapted to optimize battery use, so it will not consume more energy than the version of Android that you previously had.
And you, will you dare to install Android 10 on your Xiaomi Mi A1?