When we receive a notification on our Android smartphone during standby, it always appears on the lock screen and may often contain personal or sensitive information or content. To prevent this from being seen by prying eyes, the green robot system has a practical setting that allows you to hide them when the device is locked. In this guide, we will tell you how to hide sensitive android notifications from the lock screen.
How to hide sensitive Android notifications on the lock screen
To hide sensitive Android notifications, you can enable a dedicated function from the settings. Note that notifications will still be displayed, but the content will be hidden in this case. Furthermore, each app will categorize a “sensitive notification” on its own, consequently, this function may differ for different applications.
To hide sensitive Android notifications on your smartphone’s lock screen, you’ll have to follow the steps below:
- Go to the settings of your Android smartphone and tap Apps and notifications;
- Tap now Notifications and scroll down to the section Lock screen;
- Select now No.notifications on the lock screen;
- If you want to hide all notifications, select the option Don’t show notifications or Show only warning notifications;
- To hide only sensitive notifications, turn off the voice toggle Notifications sensitive lower place.
That’s all. From now on, all sensitive notifications will be hidden on your phone’s lock screen. As mentioned earlier, it does not provide real control over the content, as individual apps decide what may or may not be sensitive. The setting may consequently vary depending on the application and work differently. So if you don’t want to have doubts, we recommend that you hide all notifications from the lock screen.
We also remind you that the settings to hide Android notifications may vary depending on the smartphone model in your possession.