Blink is a very popular outdoor camera brand that is utilized by many individuals. You can choose from an excellent selection of cameras, depending on your needs. A useful feature of the Blink outdoor cameras is a small notification light that illuminates when something is happening.
However, this blinking red notification light can indicate a variety of conditions. Here is everything you need to know about the Blink Outdoor Camera’s red blinking light.
Popular home security camera Blink Camera enables users to check on their property from a distance. Blink Camera may experience technical difficulties, though, just like any other electronic device. The Blink Camera Red Light Blinking Issue is just one of the problems that numerous users have brought up. This problem can be annoying because it interferes with the camera’s functionality and makes it challenging to keep an eye on your property.
Understanding Blink Camera Red Light Blinking Issue:
Common Causes of Blink Camera Red Light Blinking Issue:
There are several possible causes for Blink Camera Red Light Blinking Issue. Here are several of the most prevalent reasons:
- If your Blink Camera is receiving a weak Wi-Fi signal, it may begin blinking red. This is due to the inability of the camera to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- Low Battery: If the battery on your Blink Camera is running low, it may begin blinking red. In the Blink app, the battery level can be viewed.
- When Blink releases a firmware update, the camera may occasionally begin blinking red. This is because the camera is updating its firmware, which takes a while to complete.
- If none of the aforementioned causes apply to your Blink Camera, there may be a problem with the camera itself.
Fixing Blink Camera Red Light Blinking Issue:
If you are the owner of a Blink outdoor camera system, you may have noticed the red blinking light. Now, let’s examine the various causes and potential solutions for the blinking red light on your Blink cameras.
Check Your Internet Connection
If you are using a Blink outdoor camera that requires an internet connection, the blinking red light indicates that there is a problem with your internet connection. It could be the device losing its connection to your network, or it could be a problem with your internet connection.
Is Your Internet Service Okay?
First, verify that your Internet connection is operational. Simply connect one of your devices to the WiFi network and determine whether or not it can connect to the internet. If it cannot, you may need to contact your internet service provider to determine the cause of the problem and have it resolved as soon as possible. Sometimes, the problem may lie with your router. Therefore, restarting the router may also help you resolve this issue.
Is the Camera Connected To The Network?
- Launch the Blink Camera app on your iPhone or Android device.
- At the app’s bottom, you’ll find the settings option. Select the System Settings option followed by the camera’s name.
- Tap the option Sync Module. You must select the Select WiFi network option. Now, press the reset button on the Blink camera using a pin. Now, the camera’s LED will blink blue and then turn green.
- In the app, select the Discover Device option. Tap the Join button when it detects the camera. Choose your WiFi network from the list provided. Enter your password and then tap Join.
- A Sync Module Added notification is now displayed on your mobile device.
- This indicates that the device has been configured and is immediately connected to the internet.
Note: These instructions are only applicable to the Blink Mini, Outdoor, Indoor XT2, and XT cameras. These instructions do not apply to the Blink Video Doorbell
Check Your Camera’s Battery
Since the Blink camera is powered by batteries, it is possible that they have gone bad. Well, you can check this information out easily by using the Blink mobile app. Follow the steps below.
- On your Android or iOS device, launch the Blink application.
- Select the option labeled Camera Settings.
- Check the Monitoring box. You will now be able to view the battery’s status.
If the status says anything other than OK, you might want to replace the weak batteries from the Blink camera with fresh ones.
Observing the blinking pattern of the red light is a simple way to determine if the battery of your Blink camera is weak. At this point, if the light blinks four, five, or even six times, it is clear that your Blink camera needs new batteries.
The Camera Has Motion Detection Enabled
Since these are residential outdoor cameras. These cameras are capable of recording or reorienting themselves based on any nearby movement. Therefore, if you observe a blinking red light on your Blink camera, it may have detected motion in its vicinity. If this continues to occur, reposition your camera to a location with the least amount of motion. This will help prevent the Blink camera’s red light from blinking.
Blink Video Doorbell Red Blinking Light
Regarding the Video Doorbell, it is possible that your internet connection has been lost. Nonetheless, it is also possible that the connection is lost and the red light does not illuminate. In this instance, you may wish to purchase a new set of batteries and then check for a blinking red light.
Other Problems With Blink Camera
If none of the above solutions helped you determine why the red light on your Blink camera is blinking, the best solution is to reset your Blink camera.
The blinking red light issue with your Blink camera can be frustrating and unsettling. However, by following the steps outlined above, you can resolve this issue and increase the security of your home. Remember to check the power supply and Wi-Fi connection, reset your Blink camera, and if necessary, contact Blink customer service. We hope this article has provided you with detailed instructions on how to resolve the blinking red light issue on your Blink camera.