How To Factory Reset Oculus Quest 2 [With and Without Mobile Phone]
If you own Oculus Quest 2 then you will find this guide useful. This guide includes two methods to factory reset Oculus Quest 2. This includes methods with mobile phones and without mobile phones.
When it comes to VR games, the most popular headset that everybody knows is the Oculus Quest 2. Also known as the Meta Quest 2, this VR headset is a standalone headset meaning that you can easily install your favorite apps and games to the headset without using a computer.
The best thing about this device is that it is wireless which means that you can move around freely while playing games on it. You can play games such as Beat Saber or Superhot VR on this device without any problem at all.
This headset also comes with six degrees of freedom which gives you more movement within the game itself which makes it more realistic than ever before!
If your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset isn’t functioning properly, you may be able to fix it by doing a factory reset. A factory reset will allow you to reset your headset to its original settings, which may fix any problems you are experiencing. However, if your Oculus Quest 2 still isn’t working after a factory reset then we recommend contacting customer service for further assistance!
When you perform a factory reset, your Quest 2 headset will be restored to its original condition. All the data that was saved on it before you performed the reset—such as apps and games along with files saved by those apps—will be erased
So before we look at the steps needed to perform a factory reset, you should back up your important files and data. Also, be sure to take screenshots of any custom settings on your headset.
How To Factory Reset Meta Oculus Quest 2
Before we discuss how to factory reset your Meta Quest 2, you should know that there are two ways in which this can be done. Select the method that works best for you.
Method 1: Factory Reset Meta Quest 2 without Mobile Phone
The first way to reset your Quest 2 is by navigating through the Settings menu within your headset. The factory reset process is simple: Perform the following steps.
- First, make sure your Meta Quest 2 headset is turned off and plugged in.
- While holding the Power and Volume Down buttons on the headset, press and hold down both.
- Keep the buttons pressed until you see the Quest 2 boot screen on your headset.
- To reset your Oculus Quest 2, use the volume buttons to navigate through settings then select and highlight Factory Reset.
- Select Factory Reset by pressing the power button on the headset.
- Once again, use the Volume buttons to highlight “Yes.”
- Pressing the power button will confirm that your Quest 2 has been reset to its factory settings.
- The Quest 2 will be reset to its factory settings shortly.
This is how you can perform a factory reset of your Oculus/Meta Quest 2 without having to use your smartphone.
Method 2: Factory Reset Meta Quest 2 with Mobile Phone
In this section, we will show you how to reset your Quest 2 by using your mobile phone. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Google Play Store or iTunes store on your mobile phone and install Meta Quest. Make sure you have updated versions of the app on both Android and iPhone devices.
- Ensure that the same account is signed in on both your app and Quest 2 headset. If not, you will have to manually reset it by going into Settings.
- There is a Devices option at the bottom of the menu. Tap on it to access device settings and options.
- You can only use the headset that is connected to your mobile phone via the app.
- Go to the Advanced Settings page.
- Finally, choose the Factory Reset option and follow the on-screen instructions to confirm your choice.
- The Oculus Quest 2 VR headset will now immediately reset.
This is how you can reset the Quest 2 headset using your mobile phone:
Important Points To Keep In Mind
Here are some important points to take note of before performing the factory reset.
- First, ensure that your headset’s battery is fully charged.
- If you are going to be away from a power source for an extended period, charge your phone at least halfway.
- Factory Reset will wipe all the data from your device, not from any connected accounts.
- When you reset your password, you’ll need to log in with the new one.
- Make a backup copy of your personalized settings, user names, and passwords.
This is the end of our guide on how you can easily perform a factory reset on your Meta Quest 2 VR headset. After learning about both methods, you can choose the one that is easiest for you. If you have any questions or queries, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below.