TikTok is a social media application that many people use to share videos of themselves and fun moments. If you no longer want to use TikTok, you can delete your account. This article will show you how to delete your TikTok account.
If you’ve decided to delete your TikTok account for whatever reason, there’s good news – it’s relatively easy to do and should only take a few minutes.
The process can be done either in the app or on the web – here’s how:
Delete TikTok account through the app
TikTok makes it relatively easy to delete your account via the iOS or Android app.
- Go to your profile, then tap on the three lines at the top right, which should open the “Settings & Privacy” screen.
- On that screen, go to Manage Account & Delete Account.
If you don’t want to answer this question, you can skip to the next stage. Otherwise, you will be presented with some extra information and potentially a support link for your choice.
- The app asks why you are leaving TikTok, and you can select an option or choose to skip the question using the button in the top right corner.
- After that, it asks if you want to download your data before deleting your account. (We will cover backing up your TikTok data in the section below)
You will be able to recover your account for up to 30 days after its deletion.
- You will be shown a screen saying you have 30 days to reactivate your account if you change your mind and describing all the things you will lose access to after deleting your account (which includes access to the videos you have posted).
- If you tap “Continue”, you will enter an account verification screen. TikTok will send you a code that you will need to enter if you have a standard account or will ask you to sign in with the service you used to create your account (such as Apple, Google, etc.).
- After verification, tap the “Delete Account” button and confirm your decision one last time to mark your account for deletion. The app will update, and you will be taken back to the login screen.
Delete TikTok Account via the Web
You can also delete your TikTok account via the website.
- After logging in, hover over your profile picture in the upper-right corner, then click Settings.
- If you’re not already on the “Manage Account” screen, select it from the left sidebar.
- You can then click the “Delete” button in Account Control and follow the process.
Backup your data
To request a backup of your data, enter your email address:
- Using the TikTok mobile app, go to your Profile & Settings & Privacy & Privacy & Download your data.
- Once your file has been created, it will be on the “Download your data” screen, in the “Download data” tab. TikTok warns that it may take a few days for your data to be available for download, so it is advisable to wait a while before deleting your account.
The file we may download may include data such as your profile information, video and comment history, and settings information – but it does not include your videos. If you want to save them, you will have to download them manually.
To download one of your TikToks to your phone:
- Go to your profile and select the video you want
- Tap the “…” button and select “Save as Video”
If you log in within 30 days of deleting your account, you will have the option to stop the process.
Recover a deleted TikTok account
As TikTok mentions, by deleting your account, you can stop the process, re-entering within 30 days. If you do, you will receive a message that your account is pending deactivation. If you tap the “Reactivate” button, you can re-enter and cancel the deletion process, while if you tap the “Exit” button, the deletion process will continue.
Deleting your TikTok account is a relatively easy process, and can be done both in the app and on the web. If you have any questions about deleting your account or if you have any issues, please let us know in the comments. Also you can Set Your TikTok Account As Private by folowing this guide. Or read more Tiktok tips and tirics.