Last year it was revealed that Facebook was working on its own version of the Snapchat Bitmoji. This feature, which allows users to create custom avatars of their own, has been trialed in Australia for several months but is now available to everyone.
So, if you have just entered Facebook and realized that everyone already has their own avatar, do not stay behind and create yours by following the tutorial shown below.
Steps to create your own custom avatar on Facebook
To create an avatar on Facebook you just have to do the following:
- Open the Facebook app on your Android or iPhone.
- Press the three horizontal lines located in the upper right corner.
- Select See more.
- Tap on Avatars (or Avatars).
- Click Next and then Start.
- Choose your skin tone and then tap Next.
- Now you will see many options to customize the hair, face, eyes, clothes, among other things of your avatar. Feel free to edit it however you want!
- If you do not remember very well how you are, press the mirror icon located in the upper right corner to activate the mobile’s front camera and see yourself.
- When you finish creating the avatar, click Done (the blue button in the upper right corner).
- Lastly, tap Next and then Done. Thus, you will have already created your Facebook avatar.
Once the creation process is complete, Facebook will show you your avatar in full body with several options to choose from in the upper right.
If you didn’t like how your avatar looked and you want to redo it, press the pencil button to edit it.
But if you loved it and you want your friends to see it now, touch the share button (the first from top to bottom) to put it in the feed or to put it as a temporary profile picture.[quads id=2]
How to use your Facebook avatar and send personalized stickers
Beyond everything mentioned, the main use of Facebook avatars is as a sticker, it will allow you to express yourself in a more personalized and “authentic” way on the social network,
These stickers of your Facebook avatar are automatically created after you have created the avatar and you can use it both in the comments and in Messenger as follows:
- When writing a comment or sending a message via Messenger, tap the smiley emoji that appears next to the text bar.
- Then go to the Stickers section.
- There you should see your avatar icon. Select it and all the stickers of your avatar will appear. Choose the one you want and start using them all!
As you will see, there is nothing difficult about creating and using the new custom Facebook avatars. In case the avatars option is still not available, update the Facebook application, and try again. Also, note that this feature is not available on Facebook Lite.
Anyway, if you have any other problem following this tutorial, let us know so we can help you.