The Nintendo Switch is a portable game system that gamers all over the world love. One of the most interesting things about it is that it can be played in many different places and ways. One option is to use the Pro Controller, which is a special controller with a comfortable shape and extra buttons that make playing even more fun. In this article, we’ll explore the steps required to connect a Pro Controller to your Nintendo Switch and get the most out of your gaming experience.
Methods to connect Pro Controller on Nintendo Switch
Wireless method :
- Make sure the Nintendo Switch console is turned on and within range of the controller.
- Press and hold the Sync button on top of the controller until the light starts to flash.
- On Nintendo Switch, go to the “Controllers” section of the Home Menu.
- Select “Change Handle/Order”.
- Press and hold the Sync button on the Joy-Con controllers connected to the console.
- While holding down the Sync button on the Joy-Con controllers, also press and hold the Sync button on the controller until the light stops flashing and stays on.
- The controller should now be connected to the Nintendo Switch wirelessly.
You can also connect the Pro Controller wirelessly by going to the “Controllers” section of the home menu, selecting “Change Grip or Order,” and then pressing the “Sync” button on the controller. The controller should show up as a device that can be linked.
The method with USB-C cable :
It is easy to use a USB-C cable to connect a Pro Controller to a Nintendo Switch. Here’s how to do it:
- Get a USB-C cable compatible with your Nintendo Switch. Most USB-C cables should work fine, but if you’re not sure, use the cable that came with the Pro Controller.
- Connect one end of the USB-C cable to your device’s USB-C port.
- Connect the other end of the USB-C cable to the USB-C port on your Nintendo Switch.
- Once the Pro Controller is connected, your device should recognize it and you can use it to play games or control your device.
If your device doesn’t recognize the Pro Controller, make sure the cable is securely connected to both the Pro Controller and your device. You can also try a different USB-C cable or USB-C port to see if that solves the problem.
How to connect a third-party controller to Nintendo Switch?
The Nintendo Switch is a popular video game platform that can be used at home or on the go. In this walkthrough, we’ll show you how to connect a third-party controller to your Nintendo Switch so you can play your favorite games with your preferred controller.
- Turn on your Nintendo Switch and go to the home screen.
- Open the Controllers menu by selecting the “Controllers” icon.
- Select “Change Handle/Order”.
- Hold down the sync button on your third-party controller until it starts flashing.
- On the Nintendo Switch console, press the sync button located on the side of the console. It is located to the left of the USB port on the original model and at the top of the console.
- Wait for the console to recognize your third-party controller.
- Once your controller is detected, you will see a message on the screen indicating that it has been connected.
Note: Please note that some third-party controllers may have different sync methods; therefore, consult your specific controller’s manual if you encounter any difficulties.
How to connect Joy-Cons to Nintendo Switch?
If you just got a Nintendo Switch and want to play your favorite games right away, you need to know how to connect the Joy-Con controllers to the console. Joy-Cons are the standard controllers for the Switch. They make playing games easy and flexible for people of all ages. In this guide, I’ll show you how to connect the Joy-Cons to the Nintendo Switch so you can start playing your favorite games right away.
To do this, do the following:
- Turn on your Nintendo Switch.
- Hold the Joy-Con controllers with the buttons facing up and slide them into the side of the console until you hear a click.
- The console will automatically detect the Joy-Cons and they will be ready to use.
If the Joy-Cons don’t connect automatically, press the small sync button on each one until the lights start to flash. Then, press the sync button on the left side of the Nintendo Switch until the Joy-Con is connected.
Connecting the Joy-Cons Wirelessly:
To wirelessly connect Joy-Cons to your Nintendo Switch, follow these steps:
- Make sure your Nintendo Switch console is turned on and not in sleep mode.
- Press and hold the small black button located on the back of each Joy-Con until the lights begin to flash.
- From the Nintendo Switch home menu, select the “Controllers” option.
- Select “Change Handle/Order” from the “Controllers” menu.
- Press and hold the Sync button located on top of the Joy-Con. The Joy-Con lights will begin to flash.
- The Nintendo Switch will automatically detect the Joy-Con and display it on the screen.
- Press the L and R buttons on the Joy-Con to confirm it has been connected.
- Repeat the process for the second Joy-Con if necessary.
Done! Your Joy-Cons should now be wirelessly connected to your Nintendo Switch.
How to connect Joy-Cons to Nintendo Switch with the Joy-Con Grip?
If you’re new to gaming or just bought a Nintendo Switch, you might not know how to use the Joy-Con Grip to connect the Joy-Cons to the console. The Joy-Con Grip is an accessory that lets you connect Joy-Con controllers so you can use them like a regular controller, which may be more comfortable for some people.
In this guide, we are going to teach you step-by-step how to connect the Joy-Cons to the Nintendo Switch with the Joy-Con Grip. To do this, do the following:
- Turn on the Nintendo Switch console and make sure it is in TV Mode or Tabletop Mode.
- Attach the Joy-Con controllers to the left and right sides of the Joy-Con grip.
- Hold the Joy-Con handle with both hands, making sure the Joy-Con controllers are securely attached.
- Slide the Joy-Con controllers down until they click into place.
- The Joy-Con Grip is now ready to use. You can navigate the console’s menus and play games using the Joy-Con controllers attached to the grip.
- To detach the Joy-Con controllers from the grip, simply slide the release buttons on the back of the Joy-Con controllers and slide them up and off the grip.
Note that the Joy-Con grip that comes with the Nintendo Switch console does not have a built-in battery and does not charge Joy-Con controllers. To charge the Joy-Con controllers, you will need to take them off and plug them into the Nintendo Switch.
Connecting the Joy-Cons separately :
If you have a Nintendo Switch and want to play with a friend or family member, you can connect your Joy-Cons separately so you can play together. But if you don’t know how, this easy-to-follow guide will show you how to connect each Joy-Con to the Nintendo Switch in just a few steps. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Turn on your Nintendo Switch console.
- Disconnect the Joy-Cons from the console or the handle.
- Press and hold the small black “Sync” button located on the side of the Joy-Con until the lights begin to flash.
- On the Nintendo Switch console, go to “Controllers” from the Home screen.
- Select “Change Handle/Order” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- When prompted, press the L and R buttons on the Joy-Con you want to use separately.
- The console should recognize the Joy-Con and it will appear on the screen.
- Repeat steps 3 through 7 for the second Joy-Con.
Done! Now, each Joy-Con can be used on its own as a controller for your Nintendo Switch.
How to attach Joy-Cons to Nintendo Switch?
- Turn on your Nintendo Switch by pressing the power button in the top left corner of the console.
- Locate the Joy-Con controllers on the side of your Nintendo Switch. They are the detachable controllers on the left and right sides of the console.
- Hold the Joy-Con controller so that the “+” or “-” sign is facing up.
- Align the “+” or “-” symbol on the Joy-Con controller with the corresponding symbol on the rail on the side of the console.
- Slide the Joy-Con controller into the rail until you hear a click, indicating that it is secure.
- Repeat the process with the other Joy-Con controller on the opposite side of the console.
- Once the Joy-Cons are connected, you can use them to play games on your Nintendo Switch.
To remove Joy-Con controllers, simply press the release button located on the back of the controller and slide it off the rail.
How many controllers can you connect to a Nintendo Switch?
The Nintendo Switch console supports many different types of controllers, including Joy-Con controllers, Pro controllers, and certain types of wired and wireless controllers. Here is the maximum number of controllers that can be connected to the Nintendo Switch console:
- Up to 8 Joy-Con controllers (4 pairs) can be connected to a single Nintendo Switch console.
- Up to 8 wireless controllers can be connected to a single Nintendo Switch console, including the Pro controller and certain types of third-party wireless controllers.
- When using wired controllers, the number of controllers that can be connected depends on the number of USB ports available on the Nintendo Switch dock. The dock has three USB ports, so up to three wired controllers can be connected directly to the dock. However, you can also connect a USB hub to the dock to expand the number of available USB ports, allowing you to connect more wired controllers.
It’s worth noting that the number of controllers that can be connected to the Nintendo Switch may also depend on the specific game being played, as some games have their own unique controller requirements or limitations.
If you are having trouble connecting your Pro Controller wirelessly, you can also try the following steps:
- Navigate to the “System Settings” menu on your Nintendo Switch and select “Controllers & Sensors”.
- Scroll down and select “Disconnect Controllers”.
- Press and hold the “Sync” button on your Switch Pro Controller until the lights begin to flash.
- When the lights start flashing, press the “Sync” button on your Nintendo Switch.
- Your Nintendo Switch will search for available controllers and your Switch Pro Controller should appear.
- Select your Switch Pro Controller to wirelessly connect it to your Nintendo Switch.
If you are still having trouble connecting your Switch Pro Controller wirelessly, you can also try connecting it to your Nintendo Switch using a USB-C cable. Just plug the USB-C cable into your Switch Pro Controller and your Nintendo Switch and it should connect automatically.