To use the features of music control, viewing notifications, finding your phone, and more, you need to configure your smartwatch F9 with your mobile phone. For that, we’ve done the step-by-step below to help you pair the two devices.
The smartwatch F9 has several features such as sensors for measuring beats and blood pressure. Dials to change the look of the watch’s screen, including the option to use photos and images from the smartphone album, as well as being able to customize them.
Pairing the F9 with a cell phone:
- Install the WearFit 2.0 app on your mobile. Download from the Play Store for Android or the App Store for iOS.
- On your mobile, turn on Bluetooth and Location, but don’t connect there.
- Now open the app to start configuring. If you don’t want to skip the login part, tap “ Login ” located above.
- On the next screen, go clicking “ Allow ” in all pop-up windows that are opening.
- Now the app will ask you to swipe the screen up, in the pop-up that opens, tap “ Got it ” to complete this step.
- Once you’re taken to the app’s home screen, tap the “ My ” tab located below.
- On this screen, select the “ Manage Equipment ” option and then tap the “ Connect Bracelet ” button.
- In the list of found devices, tap the name corresponding to the smartwatch, in this case, “ F9 ”.
- When the status “ CONNECTED ” is displayed, everything is ready.
To confirm that the smartwatch is connected correctly, return to “My” and check that under the option “ Manage Equipment ” the name of the watch and the percentage of its battery is specified. Another way to check is also to check if the clock’s time and date are synchronized with the cell phone’s.