See how to format the Samsung Galaxy A22 to reset to factory settings (forced reset). Erase everything, wipe all your personal data like photos, contacts, and audio and video files from internal storage.
The hard reset removes the default password or PIN, and also fixes screen freeze issues and crashes caused by software or application errors. Formatting will also delete any type of malware or virus, including improving system performance.
Before resetting your phone, read below how to prepare your Samsung Galaxy for a factory reset:
- Make sure the battery has more than 10% charge > Write down the account details linked to the phone or unlink if using another one instead > Back up your files.
- Make sure your phone is turned off, otherwise turn it off.
- Then press and hold the Volume Up and On/Off buttons simultaneously .
3. Wait for the phone logo to appear. When this happens, just release the On / Off button and keep pressing the Volume Up button until you enter recovery mode.
4. In the Android Recovery menu, use the Volume Down button to select the Wipe data/factory reset option. Press the Power button to confirm.
5. Now select the Factory data to reset option. Press the Power button to confirm and wait to return to the main menu screen.
6. Once the data has been formatted, select the Reboot system now option. Then press the Power button to confirm and reset the phone.
7. When the Galaxy A22 shows the welcome screen, select your language, tap “ Get Started ” and follow the onscreen instructions to proceed with the setup.
How to reset the Samsung Galaxy A22?
Before starting the reset, be sure to back up your files. All personal information and downloaded apps will be erased and it will not be possible to recover them. Aware of this, follow the instructions below:
- Turn on your phone and go to Settings (swipe the screen up and tap the gear icon).
- Then tap General Management.
- Tap Reset > Factory Data Reset: At this point, the Android OS will say that all data will be erased from your phone. Including your Google account, system data, settings, downloaded apps, music, images, and all user data.
- Tap Reset: again you will be alerted that all your personal information and downloaded apps will be erased and cannot be recovered.
- Enter the password (PIN code or pattern) and tap Continue.
- Finally, tap Delete All.
- The phone will automatically restart to complete the factory reset.
When complete, the Samsung Galaxy A22 will display the welcome screen. Here, choose the desired language, tap the “ Start ” button and follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with the setup.