See in this tutorial how to format the Motorola Moto G100 to remove the password and delete all files. Know which buttons to use to access android recovery mode to hard reset your Motorola Moto G100. This procedure removes the password lock, eliminates slow problems and low memory space making the phone perform the same as before.
- Back up your files (photos, videos, audios, etc.), upload them to a memory card or transfer them to a PC.
- Check if there is enough charge in the battery, a charge greater than 30% is recommended.
Heads up! Before proceeding with formatting your Moto G100, make sure you know your Google account address and password currently linked to your phone. Write down the data and then remove the account if you are going to use another one, for that, go to Settings > Accounts. If you don’t know or have forgotten your Google account address and password, go to www.gmail.com > click on “Need help?” and follow the instructions.
What data will be deleted from the Motorola Moto G100?
When formatting or resetting the phone, the following data will be erased from the internal storage:
- Google account
- Media (music, photos, videos)
- System settings and data
- Application settings and data (including text messages)
- User downloaded apps
How to format the Motorola Moto G100 using the buttons
1. Turn off your Moto G100. Then at the same time press and hold the Volume down button and Power button.
2. Press and hold the 2 buttons until you see the fastboot fast mode screen (image below). In this screen, select with the Volume button (+ or -) the option “ RECOVERY MODE ” and press the Power button to confirm.
3. In the “ No command ” screen, press and hold the Power button while clicking the Volume Up button.
4. Once that’s done, the Android recovery menu will be displayed. Here, select with the Volume button down the option “ Wipe data/factory reset ”. After that, press the On / Off button to confirm.
5. Still on the Android Recovery screen, now select the “ Factory data reset ” option and then confirm by pressing the Power button. Remember that when you perform this action, all data in the phone’s internal memory will be permanently erased. This procedure should take a few seconds.
6. After returning to the start menu, select the option “ Reboot system now ” and confirm again with the power button.
7. The Motorola Moto G100 will reboot to boot and a clean Android version will be restored. Wait a few minutes for everything to complete. When he enters the Welcome screen, follow the instructions to complete the setup.
How to reset the Motorola Moto G100
1. Access your Moto G110 settings. Then tap the “ System ” option.
2. Tap “ Advanced ” to expand the menu. After that, tap “ Reset Options ”.
3. Of the 3 options displayed, tap the last “ Clear all data (factory reset) ”. Tap “ Erase all data ”, but before that, read above what will be erased from your phone.
4. Enter the password or draw the pattern (if required) and confirm again with “ Clear all data ”.
The Moto G100 will reboot to complete the android restoration process. During this period, do not take any action on your device. Wait for the procedure to complete and then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup.