See how to reset and then pair your Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 with an Android or iOS phone. You have two methods to reset the Galaxy Watch 4 smartwatch. Either access the watch settings or apply a factory reset from the Galaxy Wearable app.
After choosing and executing the desired method, then check how to repair the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 to your smartphone.
How to reset Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 on watch or app?
Follow these steps if you forgot your screen lock PIN or if you just want to restore your Galaxy Watch 4 to its factory setting.
On the clock:
1. On the watch home screen, swipe from the bottom to the top, tap Settings (sprocket icon). On the next screen, tap “ General ” or “ General ” if the language is in English.
2. On the next screen swipe from the bottom to the top and tap the “ Reset ” or “ Reset ” option. Again, swipe the screen from the bottom to the top and tap the blue button labeled “ Reset ” or “ Reset ”.
3. The Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 will reboot to complete the reset and will optimize the pre-installed apps on the Android Wear OS system. This should last around 1 minute or more.
Once everything is ready, select your language and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup.
In the app:
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your mobile.
- Tap the Home tab.
- Swipe and tap General.
- Tap Reset Clock.
- Then tap Reset Galaxy Watch.
How to pair Samsung Galaxy Watch 4? (Android and iPhone)
After you have reset your Galaxy Watch 4 smartwatch, it’s time to pair it with your smartphone again. To do this, just follow the steps below.
- Select the language and region you will use on the watch and tap “ Reset ” to proceed.
- On the “Welcome” screen, put the watch into pairing mode by sliding the screen from bottom to top.
- After leaving the watch in pairing mode, tap “ Connect ” on the pop-up with the watch image that will automatically open on the Samsung phone.
- Allow the app to gain access to the phone’s location and then tap “ Get Started ”.
- Tap “ Confirm ” on the watch and the phone, if the sequence of numbers is the same on both devices.
- Wait for the software download to complete, tap “ Continue ” and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup.
On the iPhone:
- With the watch in pairing mode, install and configure the Galaxy Wearable app on your iPhone.
- Then open the app and tap “ Connect ”.
- After a few seconds, a string of numbers will appear on your iPhone screen.
- Check that they are identical to what is displayed on the watch screen.
- Click “ Confirm ” and follow the onscreen instructions.
Other cell phone brands:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Search for available devices.
- In the result, select “Galaxy Watch4”.
- And click on “Connect” or “Pair”.