If you used Google Drive to backup WhatsApp, you might be wondering how you can access your data and recover your messages. In this article, we are going to go over everything you need to know about this topic. In this way, you can easily learn how to view WhatsApp backup data on Google Drive from your PC.
Where is WhatsApp backup on Google Drive?
First things first, where exactly is your WhatsApp backup located on Google Drive? Finding your WhatsApp data is not difficult at all, but we are going to go over how this can be done step by step here:
- To access your WhatsApp backup, start by opening Google Drive. Make sure you’re signed in to your Google account so you can see all your files and open them. Then go to the next step.
- Once you’re in Google Drive, go to your Settings. You can find the settings menu in the top right corner of your screen. Click on the gear symbol and then on the word Settings.
- In Settings, click Manage apps, and then scroll through the apps in the list to find WhatsApp.
- After clicking on the WhatsApp icon, you will have access to your previous messages, photos, and other WhatsApp data. But you will have to complete additional steps to access your data. We will talk more about this in the next section of the article.
Is it possible to read WhatsApp backup from Google Drive on a PC?
Unfortunately, you cannot view your WhatsApp backup data directly from your Google Drive on a PC. This is because WhatsApp data is encrypted. WhatsApp does this to protect your personal information, so your messages must be decrypted with special software and tools.
So while you can see the data, you won’t be able to read your WhatsApp backup right away. There are a few different tools that you can use to read your Google Drive backup data via PC. Let’s go over the best option for you.
Download and read WhatsApp backup from Google Drive with WooTechy WhatsMover
To read WhatsApp backup from Google Drive on a PC, you need to use software that can reliably access and decrypt all your personal data. This is where WooTechy WhatsMover WhatsApp manager comes into action. This is a specialized program that will help you read WhatsApp backup from Google Drive on a PC quickly and efficiently without any hassle.
WhatsMover has many features that will make downloading and restoring your WhatsApp backup data easier. The main features of WhatsMover are:
- The ability to transfer your data between Apple and Android devices and transfer WhatsApp from Google Drive to iCloud in easy steps.
- WhatsMover users can also store their backup data directly within the program without fear of losing it or running out of space.
- Your WhatsApp backup data can be decrypted and restored without limitations, no matter what devices you are using or where you want to export your data.
- WhatsMover will allow you to download your files in PDF/CSV/XLS and will let you send them to any location you want.
- All types of data like your WhatsApp photos, contacts, videos, contacts, and other documents are supported by this program.
- WhatsMover is compatible with all versions of Android and iOS, including the latest iOS 15 and 16.
All in all, you can use all these features with your Google Drive WhatsApp backup data. WhatsMover will allow you to download and read your WhatsApp backup data from Google Drive on a PC by following these steps:
- To start the restoration process and read your messages, you will need to download the WooTechy WhatsMover software on your computer. This can be done here.
- Open the WhatsMover program and then click on the model that will restore your backup. It appears as Restore/Export WhatsApp backup. This can be found in the side menu on the left side of your screen.
- Click Import Google Drive backups. You will then be required to sign in to your Google account to access your Google Drive data through WhatsMover. Next, scroll through the imported backups and choose your WhatsApp backups. Tap the download icon on the data you want to restore.
- Wait for your backup to download and then hit the Export to computer button. WhatsMover will start to analyze and restore the data so that it can be read on your PC. Let the data analysis complete completely, and then verify your WhatsApp account.
- Use your phone to verify that you are the account holder of the WhatsApp data. A message with a code will be sent to your phone. Enter the code so that the data restoration process can continue.
- The WhatsApp backup will now appear on your PC . From here, you can export any of the data to HTML, CSV/XLS, and PDF for reading.
Reading WhatsApp backup on a PC is possible and very easy
Anyone who wants to read WhatsApp backup from Google Drive on a PC should consider downloading WooTechy WhatsMover. This app is friendly, easy to use, and quickly encrypts your messages so you can access all your backup data.
You can download messages and chat logs from any device you want. And WhatsMover is compatible with most programs and file formats.
This guide went over WhatsMover and how to use it in detail, so you should have no problem reading and downloading your WhatsApp messages now.