[Guide] Installing Project Elixir ROM on Pixel 6A
The aim of this guide is to show you how to install the newest Project Elixir ROM on Pixel 6A. Of the three devices in the sixth iteration of Pixel, it’s the A variant that makes a splash. I think it’s an excellent device for general users since it fulfils most prerequisites at an affordable price, and for tech enthusiasts, its performance is excellent.
The device already has a bunch of custom ROMs, and we keep getting new ones every week. Another member has been added to this ever-growing family. With the Project Elixir ROM installed on the Pixel 6A, you’ll find an equilibrium between overall device stability and features. Let’s get right to the steps to ensure this ROM abode on your device.
If you do this, all the data on your device will disappear, so make sure you back it up first. We won’t be held responsible if there’s a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or anything else happens to your device or data with these steps.
1: Install Android SDK
- In order to get started, you’ll need to download and install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. The only recommended binary is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google. Hence, you should download it and extract it from your computer to any convenient location. As a result, the platform tools folder will be created, which we will use throughout the guide.
2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
- After that, you’ll need to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. Using the latter, you will be able to detect your device through ADB mode on your PC. Once this has been done, your device will be able to boot into Fastboot Mode. The bootloader must be unlocked through OEM Unlocking, however.
Then go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on the Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
3: Unlock Bootloader on Pixel 6A
- After unlocking the bootloader, you must also unlock the device’s ROM. You should keep in mind that doing so will erase all the data from your device and may nullify its warranty. In that case, please refer to our detailed guide on How to Unlock the Bootloader on Google Pixel 6A. Once done, do not restore your backup at this stage because you will have to format the device again later on.
4: Download Project Elixir for Pixel 6A
You can grab the Project Elixir ROM for your Pixel 6A here:
- Project Elixir ROM: DOWNLOAD LINK Vendor_boot.img: DOWNLOAD LINK
- Then transfer the ROM and vendor_boot to the platform-tools folder.
- Likewise, rename the downloaded Custom ROM to rom.zip.
How to Install Project Elixir ROM on Pixel 6A
1: Boot Pixel 6A to Fastboot Mode
A USB cable must be used to connect your device to the PC. Check that USB Debugging is enabled on your device.
Enter CMD into the address bar of the platform-tools folder, followed by the platform-tools folder. You will be prompted to launch the Command Prompt.
- In the command window of CMD, type the following command to boot into Fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Enter the following command to verify the Fastboot connection and you should receive the device ID back.
2: Install Project Elixir ROM on Pixel 6A
- In order to flash vendor_boot.img, type in the following command:
fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
- Once this recovery has been loaded, type the following command to boot your device:
fastboot reboot recovery
ADB Sideload can be accessed from Recovery > Apply Update.
Next, open the CMD window inside the platform-tools by typing the following command:
adb sideload rom.zip
Now that flashing has begun, it will continue. If there are any errors, ignore them and select Format Data.
The final step is to select Reboot System. Once the OS has been installed, your device will boot into it.
It’s that simple. If you have any questions concerning the aforementioned steps, or if you want to know more about how to install the Project Elixir ROM on your Pixel 6A, please don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments section. Upon receiving your request, we will be in touch with you at your earliest convenience with a solution.