Google Camera 8.7 for Redmi Note 12 (Pro) Plus [Best GCam]
Xiaomi’s subsidiary Redmi unveiled the next generation of the infamous Note series earlier this month. Yes, I’m referring to the Redmi Note 12, Redmi Note 12, Redmi Note 12, and Redmi Note 12 Pro+ that were just released. One of the primary selling points of the Redmi Note series phones has always been the camera.
And the new Redmi Note 12 series, which began with a 200MP camera for the Note 12 Pro+, is no exception. The most recent Note phones support Google Camera, also known as GCam mod, just like the earlier iterations.
Download Google Camera for the Redmi Note 12 and Redmi Note 12 Pro (+) from this page.
Google Camera for Redmi Note 12 (Pro)+ [Best GCam 8.7]
While the Redmi Note 12 Pro+ has a 200MP Samsung ISOCELL HPX sensor, the Redmi Note 12 Pro has a 50MP Sony IMX766 sensor. Despite the fact that both phones take photos similarly, there aren’t any significant differences between the 50MP and 200MP sensors.
The Redmi Note 12 Pro duo’s built-in MIUI camera app produces fairly decent pictures. With the Google Camera app, these camera sensors can take many good images; you can download the GCam app for more detailed, low-light pictures. The 48MP camera sensor and pixel binning technology are standard features of the Redmi Note 12 model. Furthermore, sideloading GCam ports is supported.
You can install the most recent Google Camera mod port on your smartphone and start using the Night Sight feature to take some incredible low-light pictures regardless of which Redmi Note 12 series phone you own. Additionally, you can use the SloMo, Portrait, Enhanced HDR, Astrophotography Mode, and other features. You can easily install Google Camera on your Redmi Note 12, Redmi Note 12 Pro, or Redmi Note 12 Pro+ by following the instructions in this step-by-step guide.
Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 12 Pro and Pro+
The Redmi Note series of smartphones, including the Redmi Note 12 series, is feature-rich and equipped with all the necessary features. The GCam APK can be installed on your smartphone without having to root it because the new phones come pre-loaded with Camera2 API support. The most recent versions of GCam 8.7 by BSG and GCam 7.3 by Urnyx05 are attached here. Both ports are reportedly compatible with phones in the Redmi Note 12 series. Here are links for downloading.
- Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 12 Pro & Pro+ (MGC_8.7.250_A11_V6_MGC.apk) [Latest]
- Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 12 and Note 12 Pro (GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.6.apk) [Best]
If you’re using the GCam 7.3 on a Redmi Note 12 series phone, you can apply the settings listed below for better results even though the GCam 8.7 mod doesn’t require any adjustments.
Make sure to uninstall the previous version of the Gcam Mod ported app before installing the new one. There may be bugs in this Google Camera version because it is not yet stable.
How to install the GCam on your Redmi Note 12 (Pro)+
As I said earlier above, below you will find out how to install the GCam Redmi Note 12 (Pro)+ apk. For friends who don’t know the exact installation steps, you can see them here.
- The first step you have to take is to download the Google Camera application for your Redmi Note 12 (Pro)+ cellphone.
- Then move the apk and XML files that you downloaded earlier to the phone’s internal storage.
- Then create a new folder with the name GCam on the phone’s internal storage, then paste the two files into this folder.
- Then in the GCam folder that you created earlier, then create a new folder again with the name Configs.
- Then move the XML file into this Configs folder,
- Then the next step is to install the GCam apk that you copied earlier into that folder.
- After a message appears saying the app is installed, then open the GCam application.
- After the application is open, then double-tap on the black area close to the shutter button icon.
- Then select Choose Config, then look for the XML file that you copied earlier to the internal storage.
- Then click the Restore button.
- First, download these configuration files onto your phone.
- Using the file manager app make a new folder and name it “GCam.”
- Now open the Gcam folder that we create in the last step then create one more folder and name it configs7
- move the configs7 file into the configs7 folder
- Now close the file manager and open the google camera app and tap twice on the blank area next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings given in the window and then press the restore button.
- Return to the app drawer, then launch the application once more.
That’s it! Now you have the GCam app ready to take photos and record videos on your Redmi Note 12 (Pro)+ with its characteristic high quality. If you had any problems following this tutorial, feel free to let us know.