Did you want to send a photo by WhatsApp with your Xiaomi? When trying to do this, did you get the error “This media file does not exist on your internal storage”? Well, you’re not the only one. The failure in question is affecting a lot of Xiaomi phones around the world.
But don’t worry, because the error can be fixed! Stay on the web and discover how to solve the problem “This multimedia file does not exist …” of WhatsApp on Xiaomi
«This multimedia file does not exist …»: how to solve this WhatsApp error on Xiaomi phones
First of all, you may wonder why this notification appears when sending a photo or video. Apparently, WhatsApp has problems with the latest update via MIUI OTA.
This causes the application to fail and not let you send multimedia files, even though they are saved in the internal storage of your mobile.
On the other hand, these problems are almost always easily solved. The good news is that the WhatsApp bug that is messing you up is also very easy to correct.
And how can you do it? Well, with the tutorials that we leave you in the following sections. Below you will see 4 ways to solve the problem “This multimedia file does not exist …” of WhatsApp on Xiaomi smartphones.
Clear WhatsApp cache
- Unlock your mobile and hold down the WhatsApp icon.
- Click on the option «Application information».
- Press the “Clear data” button.
- Tap where it says “Clear Cache. “
Don’t worry about erasing this data! If you already know what cache means, then you know that this memory can be removed to troubleshoot your mobile applications .
- Enter the Settings of your Xiaomi.
- Open the “Accounts and sync” menu.
- Press the “WhatsApp” section.
- Touch the “More” icon.
- Press the “Synchronize now” option.
Force close WhatsApp
- Enter the “Application information” menu in the Settings as explained above.
- Press the button that says “Force Stop. “
- At that moment, you will see a warning on the screen. Press the “OK” option and you’re done.
Uninstall WhatsApp from your Xiaomi
- The first step in the process is to make a backup of WhatsApp. This way you will avoid losing your messages and chats!
- Then open the Play Store and search for the app.
- Enter the “WhatsApp Messenger” section and click on the “Uninstall” option .
And voila, with those tricks you are sure to solve the problem! Do not forget that it is also possible that the error will be fixed if the developers release a new version of the app. So we recommend you pay attention to the Play Store in case your mobile receives a WhatsApp update.