Do you want to factory reset your Galaxy S21 to erase absolutely everything and leave it as new? Well, you’ve come to the right place. Next, we will show you the two best ways to reset your Galaxy S21 easily. Even if you don’t need to do the reset now, you must know how it is done, as it will be very useful in various situations.
And is that with a factory reset you can solve complex system problems without much trouble. Also, before selling your Galaxy S21, you should do a factory reset so that your data, files, and personal information don’t go with the phone. So, without further ado, let’s see how a factory reset is carried out on your Galaxy S21, S21 +, or S21 Ultra.
Note: remember that following the steps below will erase everything on your smartphone, so make a backup of your data if you don’t want to lose it.
How to factory reset the Galaxy S21 from Settings
If your Galaxy S21 is fully functional and you can control it normally, we advise you to perform the factory reset from the mobile settings in this way:
- Open the Settings app on your Galaxy S21.
- Enter the General Administration option.
- Select Reset.
- Click on Factory Reset.
- Again, tap on Reset to start the reset.
- After this step, they will surely ask you to enter your password or PIN to authorize the action. Do it and then click on Delete all to start the process.
Once at this point, the mobile will delete everything and turn it on again presenting the initial configuration as if it were new.
How to factory reset the Galaxy S21 from Recovery
Now, if your Galaxy S21 has a system or screen problem that prevents you from controlling it normally, you will not be able to follow the steps shown above. Luckily, the Galaxy S21 can also be factory reset using only the physical buttons thanks to the Recovery mode. To do so, just follow these steps:
- First of all, turn off your Galaxy S21.
- Once turned off, press and hold the physical power and volume up buttons at the same time until the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
- Now, you will see an options menu where you must select Wipe data/factory reset.
- You can’t use the touch screen here, so to choose this option you must use the volume buttons to move and the power button to accept.
- Then go to Factory data reset.
- Finally, choose the Reboot system now.
That’s it! This will begin to erase everything on the mobile and return it to its factory state. Do you see how easy it is to factory reset your Galaxy S21 with Recovery mode? Anyway, if you have a question about it, let us know to help you.