If you don’t like the content that users upload to Instagram Reels, or you find TikTok videos much better, don’t worry. You can disable Instagram Reels, how? Keep reading that here we explain everything in detail.
How to disable Instagram Reels?
Unfortunately, no function allows you to deactivate Instagram Reels in the blink of an eye, because being a new feature that the social network recently added, it is not allowed to easily deactivate it.
So, in this situation, you will surely ask yourself, can Reels be deactivated on Instagram? And the answer is yes. For this, you will have to uninstall the version that you have installed on your Android mobile, then download an older version and that’s it. Not sure how to do all this? Follow these steps that we show you below:
- The first thing you have to do is uninstall the version of Instagram that you have installed on your Android mobile.
- Once the application is uninstalled, you must download this version of Instagram
- Install the version of Instagram in APK format that you have downloaded.
- Open Instagram and log in with your account.
- And voila, you will have deactivated Instagram Reels.
If any step of the tutorial is complicated, or you cannot download and install the APK version of Instagram on your mobile, you should follow this tutorial to install APK files on Android. There we show you all the steps you have to take so that you can download and install these types of applications on your mobile without problems.
Important information about Instagram Reels!
This method that we show you here is not definitive, what does this mean? Which is a temporary solution? When you download an old version of Instagram, the social network will constantly ask you to update the app so that you can enjoy the latest news.
For you to avoid this, you will have to deactivate automatic updates within the Play Store, don’t you know how to do it? Follow all the steps that we show you in this tutorial:
- Inside the Play Store, you must click on the three small stripes that are located at the top left of the screen.
- A menu with several options will be displayed, click on the one that says Configuration.
- Therefore, you must click on Update applications automatically.
- Finally, choose the option that says Do not update apps automatically, and then click the Done button.
Although you can also enter Instagram from the Play Store and disable updates only for that app.
Without much more to add, it is necessary to clarify that this method will stop working at some point because Instagram will tell you that yes or yes you must update the app to continue using its services. When this happens, you will not be able to deactivate the Reels in any way (unless they include an option within the application). If that happens, we will update this article.