Learn how to connect Sony WH-1000XM3 headset with Windows 10 Bluetooth. Complete step by step to pair Sony WH-1000XM3 to your notebook.
Before starting to pair your headset, please make sure of the following:
- Check that the headset is sufficiently charged.
- Bluetooth needs to be configured and enabled.
If you don’t know how to connect the Bluetooth adapter or if you are not sure if your notebook/computer has a built-in Bluetooth adapter, consult the device manually.
How to pair Sony WH-1000XM3 in Windows 10?
1. Turn on the headset by pressing and holding the Power button for about 2 seconds. Put the earbuds into pairing mode by pressing and holding the Power button for about 7 seconds.
2. The blue indicator light will flash repeatedly 2 times at short intervals. You will also hear a voice confirmation “ Bluetooth Pairing “.
Note: If pairing is not established within 5 minutes, pairing mode will be canceled and the headset will be turned off.
3. Next, we are going to connect the Sony WH-1000XM3 Bluetooth headphones to the notebook or computer (must have a BlueTooth adapter configured). Click on the “ Start ” button and then on “ Settings ”.
4. After accessing the settings page, click on “ Devices ”. If you want, type “Bluetooth” in the search field to save more time.
5. On the side menu, click the “ Bluetooth ” tab, click “ Add Bluetooth or another device”, and then click “ Bluetooth ” again.
6. Wait for the system to find the headphones. In the search result below, click on “ WH-1000XM3 “. Click “ Finish ” after the headphones are paired.
Note: If you are prompted for a password, enter “ 0000 ” in the field provided and confirm.
7. You will hear a “ Bluetooth Connected ” voice guidance indicating that the headphones and computer are already paired and connected.
You will now need to set Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones as the default device for audio playback in Windows 10. Follow the steps below.
8. On the Windows toolbar, right-click on the volume icon (next to the clock) and select “ Sounds ”.
9. Click on the “ Playback ” tab. Then, right-click on the Headphones icon. Click “ Connect ” and confirm “ OK ”. If the icon is not displayed, right-click on the screen and select “Show disconnected devices”.
Once the Bluetooth devices are paired, there is no need to pair them again.