If you just bought or won the Xiaomi Redmi Buds 4 Earbuds, learn how to pair them with your phone, use the touch controls, and also how to do a factory reset.
Along with the Redmi K60 phone, the Redmi Band 2 smart band, and the Redmi Watch 3 smartwatch, Xiaomi has also launched the Redmi Buds 4 wireless headphones, which come with Bluetooth 5.3 connectivity. The Redmi Buds 4 are light and comfortable and have an excellent finish. The audio device also features components like 12mm drivers that deliver strong audio performance and are certified IP54 weatherproof. Redmi Buds 4 also come with built-in controls for calls and audio.
How to Connect Redmi Buds 4 Earbuds?
To pair your Redmi Buds 4 with your device, follow the steps below:
Mobile / Tablet – Android :
- Make sure the Redmi Buds 4 headphones are turned off.
- Press and hold the multi-function button on both earbuds until the LED indicator flashes white. This will put the headphones into pairing mode.
- On your cell phone, go to the Bluetooth settings and look for available devices.
- Tap “Redmi Buds 4” from the list of available devices.
- If asked for a PIN code, enter “0000” to complete the pairing.
iPhone / iPad – iOS:
To pair the Redmi Buds 4 headphones to an iPhone or iPad, follow the instructions below:
- Turn on the Redmi Buds 4 headphones by pressing and holding the power button for about 3 seconds. The indicator light should flash blue, indicating the headphones are ready to be paired.
- On your iPhone, go to the “Settings” app and select “Bluetooth”.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on and wait for the Redmi Buds 4 headphones to appear in the list of available devices.
- Tap the Redmi Buds 4 headphones to start pairing.
- If prompted, enter the PIN or password provided in the headphones manual.
Computer – Windows:
To pair your Redmi Buds 4 headphones to a PC, you’ll need to make sure your PC has Bluetooth enabled. If your PC does not have Bluetooth, you will need to use a Bluetooth adapter. After enabling Bluetooth on your PC, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Redmi Buds 4 headphones.
- On your PC, go to Bluetooth settings and make sure Bluetooth is enabled.
- In the Bluetooth settings, click on “Add Bluetooth or another device”.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the pairing process.
- Once pairing is complete, your Redmi Buds 4 earbuds should be connected to your PC and ready to go.
You should now be able to use the Redmi Buds 4 headphones to listen to music or make phone calls on your iPhone.
Note: After pairing is done, the LED indicator on the earbuds will flash blue and the earbuds will be connected to your mobile phone.
How to use controls on Redmi Buds 4 Earbuds?
To control the Redmi Buds 4 headphones, you can use the buttons located on the headphones themselves. Here are some common actions and the corresponding button controls:
- Turn the headphones on or off: Press and hold the button on the left earphone for 5 seconds.
- Play/Pause: Press the button on the left earphone once.
- Skip to the next track: Press the button on the left earcup twice quickly.
- Skip to the previous track: Press the button on the left earphone three times quickly.
- Answer/end a call: press the button on the left earphone once.
- Rejecting a call: press and hold the button on the left earbud for 2 seconds.
- Activate voice assistant: press and hold the button on the left earbud for 2 seconds.
Note: These controls may vary depending on your device’s operating system and the specific version of Redmi Buds 4 you have. To do so, consult the user manual for your specific headphones for more information.[quads id=2
How to hard reset Redmi Buds 4 Earbuds?
If your Redmi Buds 4 headphones are losing connection or having sound glitches, use the instructions below to reset them:
- Remove the Redmi Buds 4 headphones from the case and turn them off.
- Then press and hold the button on both earbuds for about 5 seconds until the LED indicator flashes red and white alternately.
- When this happens, release the button on both earbuds.
- Done, the Redmi Buds 4 are now reset and ready to be paired again.
Note: Resetting Redmi Buds 4 will delete all paired devices and reset settings to factory defaults.