Except for the fourth generation Chromecast with Google TV, Chromecasts are devices that do not include any type of operating system (OS). And it is that they are designed to only reproduce the content that you send from your mobile, tablet, or PC, on the screen to which they are connected by HDMI. In other words, Chromecasts alone can’t do anything.
And when we say nothing, it is literally nothing. As they do not have an OS, they are not even capable of showing an interface on your TV that allows you to easily configure them the first time you are going to use them. However, Google created an “app” to make setting up a Chromecast from scratch simple and quick to do. You do not know her? It’s called ChromecastSetup and we’ll explain how to use it right away.
Guide to configure your Chromecast with ChromecastSetup
If we write applications with quotes before it is because ChromecastSetup is not really an app. This is a web page that guides you through the initial setup of your Chromecast. You can set up your Chromecast without the help of this website, but ChromecastSetup will make your task easier. This is how it is used:
- Access the Chromecast.com/setup website (you can do it from your mobile or PC).
- The first thing you need to do is select your language in the top right corner.
- Then click on Start.
- The website will tell you that to continue you need the following:
- The Chromecast.
- A screen or TV with HDMI.
- Your mobile or tablet (Android or iOS).
- A Google account.
- Be connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- After clicking on Next, you will be asked to connect the Chromecast: first to the current with the included adapter and then to the HDMI port of your TV.
- Now, turn on your TV and use the remote to select the HDMI input to which the Chromecast is connected.
- You will see a welcome message from the Chromecast with its identification number that you must write down.
- The next thing you have to do is install the Google Home app on your Android or iOS.
- Next, turn on your device’s Bluetooth, open Google Home, select a Google account, and finally choose or create a home in the app.
- Next, you will have to choose your Chromecast in the app. Make sure it has the same number that you saw in the welcome message shown on TV.
- If you don’t see the steps to set up your Chromecast, tap the “+” button (it’s at the top left of the main Google Home screen) and go to Set up device > New device.
- A code will appear on the TV. You must confirm that it is the same one that appears in the application.
- Connect the Chromecast to the same WiFi that your phone or tablet is connected to. Ready!
Your Chromecast is now set up! Now you can send content from any device to play it on your TV. Don’t know how to do it? It’s very simple, you just have to press the Chromecast button (the one above this paragraph) that appears in most video, movie, and series applications, such as YouTube, Netflix, Disney +, VLC, Twitch, etc. This button is usually at the top of the video player in any app. To enjoy!