Netflix is one of the most popular online TV streaming services. It is the best place for watching movies, web series, and original programming. Here, you can stream popular movies like Fast and Furious and Spiderman. If you are a fan of web series, content like The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and Money Heist will appeal to you.
Besides content, Netflix has also been successful in attracting consumers due to the fact that its streaming service is available on a variety of devices. Netflix can be streamed on almost all possible devices, including Android and iOS phones, Windows computers, and Macs as well as smart TVs. To get the best possible Netflix experience, ensure that you clean out your cache regularly.
In this post, we’ll discuss how to clear your Netflix cache on a Samsung TV, LG TV, or other Smart TV from brands like Sony. We will subdivide the post into different sections so that you can more easily navigate directly to your smart TV section. So, without any further delay, let’s move on to the topic at hand.
Importance of Clearing Cache
Before learning how to clear Netflix cache on a Samsung, LG, Sony or any Smart TV let’s first talk about why you might want to. But what exactly does clearing the cache do? Is the problem causing performance issues?
Here are a few reasons why you should clear the cache data on your smart TV. Speed is one of the primary reasons why you would want to clear your app cache data. Yes, it’s true: Clearing the cache will improve performance.
While it won’t improve your performance dramatically, you may feel a slight improvement. Because few people clear the cache on their systems, a hacker can use that fact to gain access through targeted attacks.
So you should regularly clear the cache on your computer to protect it from viruses and malware. If your smart TV is running slowly, then it may be due to the amount of data cached on its memory. Thus, clearing cache data will fix the mentioned problem.
Now that you know the importance of clearing cache data from different applications, let’s explore how to clear Netflix on Samsung TV or other brands.
How to Clear Netflix Cache on Samsung Smart TV?
If you own a Samsung Smart TV and use Netflix, the steps below will show you how to clear your cache data.
- Press the “Home” button on your Samsung Smart TV remote control.
- To get to the “Apps” settings menu, tap the icon labeled “Settings.”
- Go to Settings, then click on the “Applications” option.
- You can find all of the apps installed on your Samsung Smart TV in this section.
- Choose Netflix from the list of applications.
- Click on the “Clear Cache” link.
- After making your selection, tap the “OK” button to confirm it.
- That’s it
You have deleted the data that keeps track of what movies you’ve watched on Netflix, so check to see if there is any improvement in how fast it starts up.
How to Clear Netflix Cache on LG Smart TV?
Do you watch Stranger Things and Peaky Blinders on Netflix via your LG smart TV? If so, here are the steps you need to follow in order to clear the cache data associated with these shows.
To clear the cache data on your LG Smart TV: proceed as follows. First, use the remote control to turn off your television; then turn it back on again in order to complete this process
Clearing the cache data will clear all of your apps’ cached information, including that of Netflix. This means a quicker response for everything you watch on TV—not just Netflix!
How to Clear Netflix Cache on Sony?
If you own a Sony Smart TV and use it to stream Netflix, do you know how to clear the cache data? Yes! Just follow the steps below.
- First, make sure your smart TV is connected to the internet and has the correct date and time.
- Press the “Home” button on Sony’s remote control for this TV.
- Click on the “‘Settings” menu.
- Now, go to Settings > Apps & notifications > System apps.
- In the system apps section of your phone or tablet, find and select Netflix.
- Click on “Clear Cache” and then click on “OK.”
How to Clear Netflix Cache on Any Smart TV?
There are many smart TV brands in the market, including Xiaomi, Realme, TCL, OnePlus, and Toshiba. Thus it will be nearly impossible to write a guide on how to clear the Netflix cache for each model
If you have any other brand of Smart TV, like Realme for instance, is there a way to clear Netflix cache data? Fortunately, the answer is yes. We’ll show you how below!
- To begin, launch the “Settings” menu on your TV.
- Next, look for the “App” section and select it.
- This will display a list of all apps currently installed on your television!
- Find the Netflix app on your phone, and tap it.
- On the following page, you’ll find a list of all available options.
- Tap Clear Cache
When a confirmation box appears, tap OK or Yes to begin the process. That’s it Congratulations! You have removed the cache from your Netflix account on your Smart TV.
This guide will help you clear the cache data on your smart TV, regardless of which brand it is. Let us know in the comments whether or not this worked for you! You can also share any other workaround that you think will be helpful in the situation. Check out our guides on Netflix and smart TVs to resolve different problems revolving around those platforms.