Format A Single Partition In BLU Vivo XL4 using BLU Vivo XL4 Secure Boot DA File. This is a step by step guide showing how to format a single partition of a BLU Vivo XL4 using SP flash tool.
Why would I want to format a single partition on my BLU Vivo XL4?
There are different causes why one might want to format a single partition on a BLU Vivo XL4. One such example is when your device is FRP locked, all you need do is to format only FRP partition OR maybe you need to perform a factory reset but you are unable to boot into recovery mode for some weird unknown reasons, all you need is to format user data and cache partitions. The method below will show how we can do this.
Requirements to format one single partition on my BLU Vivo XL4:
- Supported Phone: BLU Vivo XL4
- Charge your mobile: You may no less than a half charge.
- Laptop or PC: To execute this installation, you must use a PC or Laptop.
Take BLU Vivo XL4 Backup:
- First Create a copy of your Call Log – Contacts – Sms – Etc With G Backup
- Second Make a duplicate of current BLU Vivo XL4 Firmware With MTK Droid Tool
- Third backup BLU Vivo XL4 IMEI NVRAM
Download BLU Vivo XL4 Flashing Tool And Drivers:
- BLU Vivo XL4 Flash Tool: Download the latest SP Flash tool and extract it (Install)
- BLU Vivo XL4 VCOM driver: Get VCOM Driver and set up on your pc (still works with MT67xx phones)
- Windows 10/Pro users: READ: How To Install MTK USB Vcom Driver On Windows 10 (32 & 64 bits)
BLU Vivo XL4 Secure Boot DA File Detail:
- File Name: S4 IX626B Boot DA
- Device Supported: BLU Vivo XL4
- Tool Supported: Sp Flash Tool
How to Format a Single Partition of BLU Vivo XL4:
1. The steps below explain how to format a single partition of a BLU Vivo XL4 using SP flash tool.
2. Extract the content of the SP flash tool zip file and Launch SP flash tool.
3. Select the scatter file for your device by clicking choose besides the scatter-loading file’s dropdown bar.
4. In the windows that appear next, navigate to and select the BLU Vivo XL4 scatter file.
5. You should now be taken back to the SP flash tool window, click on the Format tab.
6. Tick the checkbox beside “Manual format flash”
7. Open windows explorer and navigate to the location of the scatter file you selected earlier on then open it using Notepad++
8. Scroll down the contents of the scatter file till you get to the partition you wish to format [in my case, I’m trying to format FRP partition]
9. Input the values of Linear_start addr and partition_size into SP flash tool then Click on Start
Linear_start addr = Begin Address
partition_size = Format Length10. Power off the phone (with the battery in) then connect to the PC via a USB cord. Once successful, you should get a green tick.
11. Now you can boot up the BLU Vivo XL4.
- Once SP flash tool has detected your device, avoid disconnecting till the task is complete as this might cause the BLU Vivo XL4 to go dead.
- If you accidentally selected “Autoformat – Format all”, your device will go dead and you’ll need to flash full BLU Vivo XL4 stock ROM to revive the phone.
- Avoid using a random BLU Vivo XL4 scatter file (even though its for your chipset) in Sp flash tool. Just because a scatter file is for your chipset doesn’t mean it contains the same partition info. Formatting with a wrong scatter file could result in more problems than you initially intended to fix.
- SP flash tool was created by MediaTek Inc. so credits to them for the tool.
Format A Single Partition using Lava Z62 DA File. This is a step by step guide …