In addition to monitoring your heart rate, counting your steps and calories burned, measuring distances, detecting your blood oxygen level, and even taking your temperature, the Huawei Watch GT3 is capable of responding to WhatsApp, Telegram, and Facebook Messenger messages . If you have this watch and you didn’t know it, it’s because this function doesn’t come from the factory with the watch. Added with system update 220.127.116.11.
At the moment, the watch only allows you to respond to messages with emojis and 36 quick responses that you can add from the Huawei Health application (the one that is synchronized with the smartwatch). Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to use a virtual keyboard or the microphone of the Huawei Watch GT3 to enter text or record audio as a response.
Responding to WhatsApp and Telegram messages on the Huawei Watch GT3 is that easy
The first thing you must do to be able to reply to WhatsApp or Telegram messages on your Huawei Watch GT3 is to make sure that it is updated to the latest version. To do this, do the following:
- If you haven’t already, install the Huawei Health app on your phone.
- Synchronize your Huawei Watch GT3 with your mobile by following the steps that the app shows you.
- In Huawei Health, go to the Devices section.
- Select your smartwatch.
- Tap Firmware update and follow the instructions to update your watch, if there is one pending.
- Once you have your Huawei Watch GT3 updated, you will automatically see the option to respond with emojis or predefined responses in the notifications of received messages. Swipe the screen up to see all the predefined responses there are. If you want to customize these quick responses and add some of your own, follow these steps:
- Go to the Huawei Health app > Devices > Choose your watch .
- Scroll down until you find the Quick Replies option .
- There you will see all the answers that come by default. Click on Add answer to add a personalized one.
- Please note that the answer must not have emojis or more than 36 characters .
- If you want, you can remove the default answers by tapping the “X” that appears next to them.
That’s it! It’s that simple to activate and configure the message response on the Huawei Watch GT3. If you have any questions or you can’t answer WhatsApp and Telegram messages on your watch after following this tutorial, leave us a comment to help you.