Alexa powers Amazon’s smart speakers. Echo Dot is a great home smart speaker. You can ask the speaker about the weather, news, music, phone calls, reminders, and lists. But it needs a device to work. Here’s how to pair an Echo Dot.
Alexa Echo Dot is Bluetooth-compatible. Alexa echo dot must be in setup mode to connect to other devices. It lets other devices detect Alexa. In this guide, we’ll show you how to set it up and connect your device. The device’s pairing process is simple. Continue reading.
How to Put Alexa Echo Dot in Pairing Mode
Pairing Mode or Setup Mode lets Bluetooth devices discover the Echo Dot. When you buy a new Echo dot or want to connect it to a new device, put it in pairing or setup mode. Alexa Echo Dot pairs easily. You can connect without Alexa.
- Amazon Alexa app
- Alexa Echo Dot
- Android or iOS device
Enter Setup Mode on Alexa Echo Dot
Alexa’s pairing mode connects it to other devices. Here’s how to pair devices. Plug in and turn on your Alexa Echo Dot. Echo Dot will flash orange.
- Switch on the Bluetooth option on your mobile device.
Now, launch the Alexa app and tap on the Devices option.
- Tap on Echo and Alexa to select your type of Alexa speaker.
- Choose Bluetooth devices and finally Pair a New Device.
- You should now see a list of devices that the Alexa Echo Dot finds. Tap on the device that you wish to pair it with.
- Your device will now be paired with the Alexa Echo Dot.
- To connect your device to your Alexa speaker for media playback, all you have to say is “Alexa, Bluetooth“.
- This command will search for the device it initially paired with and will now automatically connect when it’s in range.
How to Put Alexa Echo Dot in Setup Mode without Alexa App
If you cannot use the Alexa app to connect the Echo Dot speaker to other devices, you can use the WiFi method. Here’s how.
- You need to head over to the alexa.amazon.com website on your desktop.
- Sign in with the account that has been linked to the particular Alexa speaker that you wish to pair.
- Click on the Settings menu on the left side of the webpage
- Now select Devices followed by Setting up a New Device option.
- Choose the device from the list that you wish to connect to.
- Plug your Amazon Echo Dot into its power source.
- Now connect the Echo Dot to the wifi network that’s named Amazon-XXX.
- Click on the Continue button in your web browser.
- Finally, select the device that you want to connect to and you are good to go.
How to unpair Bluetooth Device from Alexa Echo Dot
No longer using the paired Bluetooth device? Follow these steps to unpair a device.
- Launch the Alexa app and sign in with the Amazon account that’s connected to the Echo Dot.
- Tap on the Devices option and choose Echo and Alexa.
- You need to select your Echo Dot speaker from this list.
- Now tap on Bluetooth devices. Select the device you want to remove by tapping on it and choosing Forget Device.
- In this way, you have unpaired a Bluetooth device from your Alexa Echo Dot.
This concludes the guide on how to pair your mobile device with Alexa Echo Dot. Using voice commands, Alexa-connected devices can play music, make calls, and set alarms and reminders. Questions? Please leave comments below.