How to activate Apple Airplay on MAC, iPhone and Android
So you want to know how to activate Apple Airplay on MAC, iPhone, and Android, you are in the right place. By the end of this tutorial, you will have learned how to activate Apple Airplay on MAC, iPhone, and Android. Airplay is an Apple sharing tool average.
It allows different devices to connect to play multimedia material, sending the signal through the Wi-Fi network and thus allowing you to take photos, videos or music from one terminal to another, acting as a screen that replicates what the first shows.
It is used to create presentations, play videos from a phone on a TV, or even convert it to a music player if desired. Also, on Mac computers, Airplay can be used to connect another screen and have an extra desk to work on, or to do everything that can also be done with iPhone phones.
Not sure how to activate Airplay? If you have questions about the procedure, in this guide, we review what to do with each device. We explain everything you need to do not only on iPhone or Mac, but we expand and present one solution to use Airplay also on Android, despite not having official support.
You might be interested in How to use Airplay on Firestick and Fire TV [iOS]
How to activate Apple Airplay on MAC
On Mac, you don’t have to do much to enable and use Airplay. Pay attention and follow each step you find below:
- With your, Mac turned on and your system started, make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi wireless network. Likewise, you need to verify that the device you want to send content to is also on the same network.
- Now open the program you want to broadcast. Make sure it’s compatible with Airplay, otherwise you won’t be able to continue.
- Once inside, go to the available controls and search an icon containing a box and an arrow, since it is that of Airplay. You have to click on it.
- Subsequently, a list of connected and available devices will be displayed. Choose the one you want to send the signal to and you’re done activating and using this tool.
If you prefer, you can duplicate or extend your Mac screen with an Airplay compatible device. You just have to go to the top bar of the main window and click on this tool icon, then choose the target device and decide what you want to do. You can mirror your computer to the TV, vice versa, or even share the screen for more space.[quads id=2]
How to activate Apple Airplay on iPhone
- First of all, check that your device’s Wi-Fi connection is active. Go to the “Settings” And watch the “Wifi” to verify.
- Now make sure the device you want to stream to is also connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone. Otherwise, this tool will not work.
- Now, choose the app whose content you want to send to the other device. During playback, touch the icon that contains a box with an arrow. It is that of “Airplay“.
- If you wish, you can also duplicate the screen on the other device. To do this, start by opening the “Control Center” on your iPhone. Swipe from bottom to top and it will appear.
- Press the arrow icon to access the menu Airplay.
- Choose the device you want to send this to that appears on the phone screen.
- Self a code appears in the destination screen, enter it in the field that now appears on your terminal.
- Process finished.
- Then choose the device to which you want to send the signal and the game it’s done.
How to activate on Android
- Log in to Google Play Store by clicking on its icon.
- Once inside, search for the app “Kodi”. Go to the search engine, write your name, and click on the first result that appears. You can also download the app from the link you find here.
- Download the application by clicking on the button “Install” and wait for the process to complete. Now open this app.
- When you’re inside, you have to log in “Settings” section to access the program settings.
- Next, go to the section “Network” and click on it.
- Now look for the field “AirPlay” And click on it to edit its parameters. On the right side, activate the option “Enable AirPlay support”.
- Now, go to the Mac or iPhone you have and also activate AirPlay. When it comes to recognizing devices, you will see one called one “Kodi (localhost)”. Press on it and you will transmit the signal to the Android terminal with Kodi open.