all Credit to alda.v
Install ClockworkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124 Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT I9205 & GT I9200
Please Note that Once ClockworkMod Recovery installed, if you want to make a Nandroid backup , Beware! Choose “Backup to external sdcard” , otherwise you will have problems with the free space in the
- A Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT I9205 or GT-I9200
- Have installed the drivers for your phone see tutorial Install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3
- Download / unzip Galaxy Mega Root.zip
- In it should be three files and a folder containing Odin 3.07 V which we will need (see below)
- Turn off your phone.
- press the buttons: Volume Down + Home + Power . Then press again the button Power to launch the Download mode.
- On your computer, launch Odin in administrator mode.
- Connect your phone to your computer via the USB cable. In ODIN , the box under ID: COM passes yellow proof that your phone is correctly detected.
- Click on PDA and select the file -i9200 cwm-recovery.rar you downloaded onto your computer.
- Check the boxes that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked.
- Start the installation of Clockworkmod recovery by clicking the button Start and wait a few moments.
- At the end of the installation, you can disconnect your phone from your computer.
INSTRUCTIONS TO INSTALL CWM IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR GALAXY MEGA ROOTE
The procedure is the same :
- Flash file first boot.img.tar (see illustration below)
- This procedure will rooter your Phone
- Once done, reboot your phone in download mode
- Then flash the file -i9200 cwm-recovery.tar (see screen below)
- Restart your phone one last time, and install the application SuperSU.apk you previously copied to your phone …
- And to finalize everything, once installed open the application and go SuperSU parameters
- Select the option ” Install SuperSU in / system “