These drivers must be to fix a bug that caused the X server to crash when completely filled the vRAM, update the NVIDIA installer and the NVIDIA X Server Settings, and increase the stability of the various components of the system and the driver.
The changelog complete you can find below:
- Fixed a bug That Caused the X server to crash if video memory is exhausted and the GPU does not support rendering to system memory.
- Updated nvidia-installer to make the-multiple-kernel-modules option Imply the-no-unified-memory option: Unified memory is incompatible with multiple kernel modules.
- Updated the behavior of the nvidia-settings PowerMizer Preferred Mode drop-down menu, to make the setting apply consistently across all GPUs in an SLI group.
- Improved the robustness of the NVIDIA X driver in scenarios where GPU-accessible memory pixmaps for Allocating was exhausted.
- Added NV-CONTROL attributes to control the brightness of the illuminated logos on Certain graphics boards.For example, to turn off the illumination of the “GEFORCE GTX” lettering on the GeForce GTX 780, use
nvidia-settings-assign GPULogoBrightness = 0
- Fixed a bug That Prevented screen transformations from being applied properly when starting X.
- GLX protocol for the Following OpenGL extensions from OpenGL 2.1 and OpenGL 3.0 not have been promoted from unofficial to official status ARB approved:
- GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object was the last piece of protocol needed to have official support for all indirect rendering with OpenGL 2.1 commands.
- GLX protocol for the miscellaneous OpenGL 3.0 commands not associated with specific extensions from unofficial Has Also Been promoted to ARB approved status.
- Deprecated mask display related configuration of display devices via NV-CONTROL and nvidia-settings.Display target specifications Should Be used instead – A target display’s display is one of the valid names, with an optional X screen or GPU qualifier.
- Deprecated Following the NV-CONTROL attributes:
- Also, Although NV_CTRL_PROBE_DISPLAYS is still operational, the return value Has Been deprecated and Should not be used.
- Added deprecation warning messages in nvidia-settings When attributes are deprecated used.This Also includes display mask usage.
This is not a fundamental update, but fail bugfixes are many. You can download the official installer from the official website NVIDIA, for installation on Ubuntu and the classic repository xedgers has some problems in recent weeks, the helpful advice of repo xswat (not yet updated at the time of writing) through these commands from the terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa: ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nvidia-331