the official OTA update from Google
- MDA89D -> MDB08K (6.0.0)
- MDA89D -> MDB08L (6.0.0)
- MDB08K -> MDB08L (6.0.0)
- MDB08L -> MMB29N (6.0.0) (Telstra Australia)
- MDB08L -> MMB29M (6.0.1)
- MDB08M -> MMB29M (6.0.1)
Flashable zip file TWRP OTA for Nexus 6P
- Image Recovery Vendor flashable MDB08M
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow – Links
- Image Recovery Vendor flashable MMB29M
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow – Links.
Method 1: Install Android 6.0.1 OTA Update on Nexus Marshmallow 6P with Stock Recovery
- Make sure your phone does not have the update before the update to Android 6.0.1 marshmallow. If so, you proceed as normal updates. without any security updates available for your phone before Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If so, apply the updates for your phone.
- Download the zip file from the download above OTA.
- OTA zip file copied into the phone memory.
- Now, you need to restart the device Nexus your Recovery mode. To boot into recovery, reboot your device and clickDownload Volume during boot up. Or you can try to step 3-4 in the next method.
- When you boot the phone into the mode Recovery Mode , select ” Apply Updates from the phone’s storage‘and navigate to the file you just copied OTA to your phone. To find the next, you use the volume keys to navigate and use the power button to select and confirm.
- The installation process begins and will take a few minutes.
- After installation is complete, it will automatically restart. If not, you go back and restart the device.
If after the update, the system will not boot, you perform factory reset. Now that you have successfully updated and enjoy the latest firmware on your device.
However, if it fails or an error, you refer to a number 2. Method 2: Install Android 6.0.1 OTA Update on Nexus Marshmallow 6P with adb sideload This is another method to install updates OTA. To implement this method, you need to set the PC adb on your. You need to sideload manually update your device.
- Set the environment ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Install USB Driver Nexus for your computer.
- You need to enable USB Debugging mode.
- ADB and fastboot please install on your PC. Download Rom OTA and copied to the same directory as ADB
- Power off your device and disconnect the computer.
- Boot into recovery stock . To do so, press and hold the volume down and power button for about 5-6 seconds.
- On the screen will display your options and choose ” stock recovery “to boot into recovery.
- In recovery you select ” apply update from adb “
- Now connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable.
- Navigate to the folder location adb and fastboot is installed on your computer. At directory ADB and Fastboot you right-click a blank area and select ” Open command window here “to open a command prompt.
- Next you check the connection with the command and it will return information about the device. If no response you should check usb driver driver.
adb devices Run the following command to install the updatesadb sideload ota.zip This will install the update on your device ota. " Ota.zip "is the name of the file. After installation is complete, restart the system. For Mac or Linux users, setup and use adb command in quotes " sideload ./adb ota. zip ". Note to boot into Recovery mode
- Power off the phone
- Press the Volume Down + Power until the display menu and select. Then stop pressing.
- Press Volume Down to go to recovery and selected by pressing Power.
- When Droid KO appears, press and hold down the Power and quickly press and hold the Volume Up . As soon as you use the pop-up menu Power key.
- Press Volume Down to update from ADB
- Connect your phone to a Windows or Mac computer.Now that you have installed the update OTA, now you can enjoy Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your device. If you have devices root and install custom recovery, you can install updates OA with .zip file. Method 3: Install the update OTA for Nexus TWRP Recovery on 6P [Use flashable ZIP]
- Download the zip file OTA flashable from the download section.
- Copy the zip file to the phone memory.
- Now reboot into TWRP Recovery. To boot into TWRP, first turn off the phone and then press and hold the volume down and power button simultaneously.
- Now encourages you to make backups nandroid. To back up your ROM, touch backup options in TWRP and select all the partitions: system, data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right to choose where appropriate backup.
- Now go back to the menu screen or TWRP and click ” install “. Scroll to OTA file and select it.
- Swipe confirm button to proceed with the installation.
- After installation, restart the system.Once your device has rebooted you can enjoy the latest firmware update on your device.