How To Upgrade Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 to XXMF1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Upgrade Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 XXMF1 Android 4.1.2 firmware is now available for download. This firmware is also available on Samsung KIES, but for those who do not receive this update can grab it here, and manually update the Galaxy Ace 2 I8160.
- Warning: Use these instructions at your own risk. We will not be responsible for everything that happens to you or your device, resulting from the use of information in this guide.
- This tutorial is intended only for the Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 . Please do not try to install it on any other phone options.
- Make sure that the drivers for your device are installed on the computer.
- You need to enable USB debugging mode is disabled by default.
- Your smartphone must have a 70-80% charge.
- This is an official firmware Samsung, rather than Customise ROM or modified firmware.
- Make sure that you have made a backup of all data on your phone before you proceed. Here’s an easy way to make a backup copy of your data . Another way: Manual Android backup , contacts , SMS , APN , GO Backup Pro .
Android 4.1.2 XXMF1 Firmware Details :
Date: 2013 July
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, UK
step-by-step instructions :
Step 1 – Download Android 4.1.2 I8160XXMF1 for Galaxy Ace 2 on the computer and extract the zip file .
Step 2 – Download ODIN v1.85 , which will help you to install Android 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy Galaxy Ace 2.
Step 3 – Turn off your phone. Now switch to download mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down button + Home button together, and then press the Power button until you see the “downloading” on the screen.
Step 4 – Make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers on your computer.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to the computer when the phone is in download mode.
Step 6 – If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the port COM. This step may take some time.
Step 7 – Now select the files that you must install on your phone. These files can be found from the extracted files in step 1.
Press the “PDA” and select the file with the “CODE” in its name.
Click on the “Phone” and select the file with the “MODEM” in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on the link “CSC” and select the file with the “CSC” in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on the link “PIT” and select. pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 8 – In the ODIN, make sure that selected only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. By default, it should be so. In no case did not select Re-Partition option.
Step 9 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will begin and will take a few minutes.
Step 10 – Once the installation is complete, your phone will restart. After the appearance of the home screen, disconnect the phone from the computer.
That’s it! your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 is now updated to Android 4.1.2 build XXMF1 .