Pre-Requirements To Unlock Bootloader Nexus 5X
- First make a backup copy of all your sensitive data as the Nexus 5X will be formatted as a result of this procedure.
- In order to follow this tutorial you need a PC with Windows installed.
- On your PC you must have adb and fastboot . If you do not have these tools, you may download them from here
- Get a USB cable USB-TypeC. It supplied the Nexus 5X is only one USB cable TypeC-USB TypeC, which allows you to connect your smartphone to your PC.
Guide to unlock the bootloader Nexus 5X
Once you have made sure to have everything you need to proceed, we start with the guide to unlock the bootloader Nexus 5X.
- The first thing you need to do is enable USB debugging. Go to Settings -> About phone and click on the item 7 times in a row Build number . A pop-up to inform you that you’ve got the privileges of the developer. Now went to Settings ->Developer options and enables the voice USB debugging .
- Now connect your Nexus 5X to the PC (the device’s screen must be accessed). A message will appear on your smartphone that will ask you to allow access to the PC USB debugging. Click on OK .
- Extract the folder adb-and-fastboot.zip and open it.
- Holding down the Shift , click the right button are in an empty folder and select Open Command Window Here … .
- It will see the command prompt windows. Type this command and press enter:
- If you see a series of numbers and letters then the Nexus 5X is fully recognized by the PC and you can proceed with the release. Enter in sequence each of these commands by pressing enter to give confirmation:
fastboot flash unlock
- Once you enter this command, you will be asked to confirm the operation on your smartphone. Remember that all data will be deleted from the Nexus 5X.
- Wait for the end of the procedure. Now type the following command:
Wait for the complete restart of the device, the ends of which you can disconnect it from your PC and start the configuration process. That’s all.