Disclaimer: All custom firmware, official software updates, tools, fashion and all that is mentioned in our articles belong to their respective developers. We (mobilehub) or the developers are not responsible in case of damage or any other unpleasant consequences to your device. We do not force you to use the instructions and they are given for guidance only.
Obtaining root-rights to the Samsung Galaxy S4
Here we note a few important details. Method CF-Auto-Root works well with the Galaxy S4 GT-I9500, and it’s probably the safest way to get a root-law. It fully supports firmware Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and future updates, so anything from them is independent. Please note that in any case again recall that this method only works with the Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 (Exynos 5, eight-core processor .) D
rivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 You will need to connect your smartphone to your computer. To do so, please make sure you have installed the necessary USB-driver for Samsung Galaxy S4 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from the following link: Download Samsung Galaxy S4 USB driver .
backup and other important tips: coped with the installation of USB drivers? Excellent. Next is to worry about other important points. It is unlikely that you want to lose personal data or applications: Always make backups of important data that will be needed after installing custom firmware, official software updates or anything. Just in case, make a backup, because at any moment something can go wrong. Here are some tips on how to make a backup copy of the data:
- Not to be repeated constantly with the same advice, be sure to read this article: ” Make a backup copy of the system with Titanium BackUp “
- Samsung users can also back up your data using Samsung Kies. If you make a backup manually, you get more options to choose from, as well as personal data can move between Android-powered devices from different manufacturers, that is, for example, can easily transfer your personal information to the Samsung Galaxy Note on HTC One X.
- If you have installed Customise rekaveri (ClockworkMod, TWRP, etc.) on the Galaxy S4, it is highly recommended to make a backup using built-in functions, because this is how you can make the most complete image of the data and applications.
Just a few additional tips that you should keep in mind:
- Having trouble connecting your smartphone to your computer? You need to enable debug mode via USB.
- Make sure that your phone recharged up to 80-85%. This will prevent unexpected discharge during the flashing procedure and obtaining root-rights. Otherwise, you can get a smartphone from “brick”. You will not be happy about this.
- By the way, we hope that you do not forget to unlock the bootloader?
All set up wrong? Then go directly to the statement itself produce root-rights to the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 to Official firmware Android 4.2.2.
Step by step, we have prepared a Galaxy S4 to obtain root-rights. If you are used to reflash Samsung smartphones updates with Odin, the new is unlikely you will see.
Please read each line carefully and make sure that you are able to understand and fulfill all that is written. Here are the steps:
- Step 1. Download the CF-Auto-Root for Samsung Galaxy S4 to your computer and unzip the archive.
- Step 2. Download Odin v.1.85 , which will help you get a root-rights Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 with Android 4.2.2.
- Step 3. Turn off the phone. Now you need to go into download mode Download Mode. Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Home button at the same time, then press the power button until you see the Android robot and a triangle. Press the power button again to confirm the download mode Download Mode.
- Step 4. Ensure that you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 on the computer.
- Step 5. Open Odin on your computer. Connect your phone in download mode Download Mode with the USB cable to the computer.
- Step 6. If the connection is successful, the window Odin will turn yellow ID: COM with the number of running COM port. It may take a few minutes of waiting.
- Step 7. Now you need to select the file you want to install on your smartphone. First, install the file from step 1.Click on «PDA» and select the file «CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500.zip».
- Step 8. in Odin put a check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time, if still they are not marked.
- Step 9. Now click the Start button in Odin. The installation can take several minutes.
- Step 10. After the installation is complete, the smartphone restarts in recovery mode, and automatically installs the files for root. After that ID: COM will turn green.
- Step 11. Once on your smartphone screen is loaded home screen, you can remove it from your computer.