- The first thing you need to do is download a copy of TWRP compatible with OnePlus X. You can do it through this link
- Download the ADB and Fastboot package from this link .
- Although this procedure does not delete the data on your smartphone, a backup system is highly recommended.
- This guide is only compatible with OnePlus X. Do not try it on another device.
How to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus X
After downloading everything you need for this guide, you can proceed with the installation of TWRP Recovery on OnePlus X.
- On your smartphone go to Settings -> Developer options and enables the voice USB debugging . If there is no voiceDeveloper options , go to Settings -> Device Info , and click on the item 7 times Build number .
- Estai content mfastboot-v2.zip downloaded earlier, in a folder.
- Copy the folder you just extracted the file en-recovery-TWRP-onyx-.img .
- Rename the file en-recovery-TWRP-onyx-.img in recovery.img .
- Connect your smartphone to your PC and, when prompted, click on Always allow on this computer that will appear on the display of OnePlus X.
- Now turn off the device and unplug it from the PC.
- Restart it in bootloader mode. To do so hold down the keys Volume Down + Power until you see screen appear bootloader.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC.
- From the PC, open the folder mfastboot-v2 , hold down Shift , click the right button in an empty space inside this folder and select Open Command Window Here … .
- This will open the command prompt. Enter the following sequence of commands to unlock the bootloader and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
- After the release, the smartphone restarts, go to Settings -> Developer options and enables the voice Allow oem unlock .
- Turn off the smartphone and restart again in fastboot mode by holding the keys down the keys Volume Down + Power as before.
- With smartphone connected to the PC, in the command prompt, type these commands in sequence:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Now wait for the completion of the transaction, after which it will be installed TWRP Recovery on OnePlus X. To verify the correct execution of the guide, turn off the smartphone and accendile while pressing the Volume Up + Power .