During the day yesterday, precisely in the evening, Google has officially started rolling out Android 4.4.1 KitKat for LG Nexus 5 . This new release of the green robot should bring many changes to the smartphone camera and should also fix the annoying bugs found by users. Obviously this Android version also comes on other Nexus and for all those who do not want to wait for the OTA is already possible to perform a manual installation.
In this case we will show you some simple guides to manually install Android 4.4.1 on Nexus 4 and Nexus LTE 7 2013 .
The only requirement is the basis KRT16S , or the previous release, also this procedure will not erase your data.
First of all, we present the link to download the OTA file :-
The installation of these ZIP files is very simple. If you have a custom recovery you can simply place the file in the memory of your device and flash the ZIP via recovery like any other ROM (do not do full wipe, only clean the cache).
Instead, if you have the stock recovery , after enabling this via the adb tool for windows, proceed as follows:
- Start in recovery mode (power + volume down)
- Select the “recovery” confirming with the power button
- On the screen with an exclamation point press volume up key + power
- Select ” apply update from adb “
- Connect the Nexus 7 4/Nexus 2013 LTE via USB to PC
- Move the OTA downloaded file in the folder where you have adb
- Type in console ” adb sideload file.zip “ (“file” is the name of the downloaded ZIP above)
At the end of this process you will have the new release of Android 4.4. 1 without losing your data. How many of you are already using this version of Android?