It is a real step by step guide for those who want to install official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXEMG4 version on their device via Odin to install the firmware manually.
The main firmware version for XXEMG4 includes
CSC: I9300OXAEMG4, it was built in the 16th of July this year and is based on Android 4.1.2 version. New firmware released for the United Kingdom and it is the modem I9300XXEMG4.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We will not be responsible for everything that happens to you or your device, resulting from the use of information in this guide.
- This tutorial is intended only for the Galaxy S3 model number GT-I9300 . Please do not try to install it on any other phone options.
- Make sure that the drivers for your device are installed on the computer.
- You need to enable USB debugging mode is disabled by default.
- Your smartphone must have a 70-80% charge.
- This is an official firmware Samsung, rather than Customise ROM or modified firmware.
- Make sure that you have made a backup of all data on your phone before you proceed. Here’s an easy way to make a backup copy of your data . Another way: Manual Android backup , contacts , SMS , APN , GO Backup Pro .
- Download I9300XXEMG4
- Download ODIN , (Odin3.07.zip) that will help you install this firmware.
1. Unzip the firmware file that you downloaded in the previous step. You will receive a “. Tar” file along with other files.
2. unzip Odin, to get the “Odin3 v3.07.exe” file.
3. Turn off the device.
4. Now you have to get download mode. (Press and hold the Home button and the Volume Down at the same time, and then press the Power button when the logo of the Android robot with a triangle shown, press the volume up).
5. Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe as administrator because the administrator is required to complete the process .
2. Now connect your phone to the computer using the USB-cable. A message appears in the lower left corner of ODIN, saying “Added!». If you do not receive this message, then you need to try a different USB port (try the USB port located at the back to the desktop.) If this does not work, then you should reinstall the driver. If you have successfully emerged “Added!” messages in ODIN, then you are ready to go to the next step. Moreover, COM port should turn yellow in yellow if you have successfully added the device.
7. Select the files in ODIN from the extracted firmware folder:
Click the PDA button and select the “. Tar.md5” file here (required)
Click the Phone button and select the file with a “modem” in its name (optional)
Click CSC button and select a file with the extension “CSC” in its name (optional)
Click PIT button and choose “. Pit” file (optional)
8. On the ODIN, make sure that selected only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. By default, it should be so. In no case did not select Re-Partition option.
9. Double check everything that we talked about above. Now, if you’ve seen all the orders, click the Start button to begin the firmware.
10. Once the installation is complete, your phone will reboot and you will soon see a PASS message with a green background top of ODIN. Now you can unplug the USB-cable disconnect the device from the computer.
Congratulations! Manual installation of Android 4.1.2 is complete.