NOTE: You do this at your own risk. There is a very real possibility of bricking your phone when doing any sort of read backs, flashing, rooting etc…
- Get the Elephone P8000 custom recovery (scatter, TWRP, SuperSU.zip)
- Download SuperSU.zip (do not unzip it) http://downloa*-v2.49.zip
- Extract the recovery to a folder where you’ll know where it is
- Download the latest SP Flash Tool
- USB ADB VCOM drivers
- MTK Droid Tools (if scatter not included with ROM)
- USB ADB VCOM drivers
More Custom Recoveries for Elephone P8000
Step 1 – Install the PDANet USB ADB VCOM drivers.
Step 2 – Download, extract, and run the latest version of SP Flash Tools.
Step 3 – Check to see if a scatter file exists. Look in the firmware / ROM’s folder. You should see a file that looks similar to ‘MT6582_Android_scatter_EMMC.txt’. If you don’t see the scatter file, you need to create one with MTK Droid Tools. After you’ve created the scatter, place it in the same folder as the firmware / ROM you intend to flash.
Step 4 – Select ‘scatter-loading’ from upper-right of SP Flash Tools. Navigate to the ROM / Firmware’s directory and you should see a file that looks something like MT6582_Android_scatter_EMMC.txt. Select this and you should then see a checklist of different parts of the ROM load in the bottom portion of SP Flash Tools.
Step 5 – Deselect ‘preloader’ in the checklist. If you don’t want the firmware / ROM to mess with your current partitioning, deselect EBR1 and EBR2 as well. NOTE: If you’re sure you have the correct firmware for your phone, you can leave Preloader selected.
Step 5.5 – If you are only flashing recovery, deselect everything except for recovery.img. Double click recovery line and direct Flash Tool to location of your recovery.
- Step 6 – Make sure the phone is disconnected from USB and powered off. Select ‘download’ from the top of SP Flash Tools. NOTE: If all portions of the firmware are checked, then you can select ‘Firmware Upgrade’. If you have problems with ‘Firmware Upgrade’ or vice versa, you can try the other one.
- Step 7 – Connect USB cable to phone and watch the pretty colors fly
- Turn your phone on and copy the SuperSU.zip to the root of your phone or SD.
- Boot into recovery (hold VolUp+Power about 10 seconds)
- Select “install .zip from SD”
- Navigate to and select the SuperSU.zip you copied earlier
- After installation is finished, reboot the phone
- Run root checker to confirm you’re rooted. Bam, done!