Disclaimer : Rooting Voids Manufacturer’s Warranty. Do It At Your Own Risk!
Download Unlock Root setup application to your PC or Laptop from below:
Application Name : UnlockRoot23.exe
Size : 9 MB
Version : v2.3.1
Release Date : 2012/04/01
Platform (OS) : WinXP/Vista/Win7
Download : Link 1 | Link 2 | MediaFire Mirror
Install the Application on your System.
Double Click on UnlockRoot23.exe file.
Press Next Button and Click on Install button.
Wait till the package installs all required files.
When done, make sure Run Unlock Root 2.31 option is checked.
Press on Finish button and Unlock Root will start up.
Once installed, run the Unlock Root application (if it not running already) by navigating to StartMenu=>All Programs=>Unlock Root=>Unlock Root. You will be presented with the following interface.
- Now, Enable USB Debugging on your android smartphone.
- Navigate to Settings=>Applications=>Development in your android smartphone.
- Check USB Debugging option.
- Make sure you have proper drivers installed on your PC. You can install Samsung Kies, which will install the drivers for you. This is needed to make sure your device is recognized by the system.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC or Laptop via USB Cable.
- Once connected, click on Root Button within the Unlock Root application.
- It will then, present you with a Choose a Connected Device window, which lists all devices connected to the PC.
Select your device from the list and wait for the app to root your handset.
When successfully rooted, it will prompt you to reboot your device. Go ahead and press Yes, so that the changes can take effect.
That’s all. Your device is now rooted and you may disconnect it from the PC as well as close the Unlock Root application.
After rooting your smartphone whenever you run a application which requires root access you will be prompted to allow or deny the request by superuser app. you must be careful when allowing the access since some applications might collect important data from your device and send them to their servers without your knowledge (In case you want to be extra cautious about this issue, PDroid Privacy Protection app is your best bet. I case you want to revert back to the original secure state you can unroot your device with same app as mention above. Just runn this app and press Unroot button and your device will be unrooted within no time.