Mavericks OS X, Apple released the sixth beta to developers. Here’s how to install OS X 10.9 Developer Preview Mavericks 7 on Mac compatible
In the late afternoon yesterday Apple released the Dev Center the seventh Developer Preview of OS X Mavericks , new version of the operating system Mac that will debut next fall with significant new functionality and performance.
The new version of the operating system does not bring new features, a sign that now we get to the final build. In the meantime, developers have started to collect some of the innovations found in DP7 OS X 10.9 ( Build 13A359 ):
- Users to iCloud Keychain will be required activation again after installing the DP7 ;
- For migration network from previous versions of OS X upgrade is required of ‘ Migration Assistant for Snow Leopard , Lion and Mountain Lion
- The DP7 does not support migrating from Windows ;
- The . pdf imported into iBooks using the previous Developer Previews of Mavericks can be renamed in Preview ;
- The screen recordings made with DP7 are not compatible with previous versions of OS X ;
- The units Fusion Drive created with DP7 are not compatible with OS X 10.8.4 or higher;
- Moving a window Aperture in full screen on a secondary display may prevent the display of the application window in the future use of the full screen mode;
- In full-screen mode to Aperture some menus and thumbnails are not available until the user does not directly interact with them and the toolbar at the top of the screen is unusable unless it is blocked;
- New wallpapers available.
The operating system, although it is still in beta, is very stable and can be installed as the primary operating system replacing OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion . Currently only the developers can install it in an official way, but even if you are a developer and want to try OS X 10.9 do not worry,because there is a dedicated guide that tells you how to do is installed as OS X 10.9 Mavericks on your Mac so easy, fast and straightforward.
How to install OS X 10.9 Developer Preview 7 Mavericks without being developers
Upgrading to OS X 10.9 DP7 is available on the Mac App Store on both the Dev Center (for registered developers). Alternatively, you can download the installation package from this link .
Only requirement: make sure you have a Mac compatible with OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Here is a list of Mac compatible:
- MacBook Pro – you’ll need to have a 13-inch from the middle of 2009, a 15-inch mid / end of 2007, or a 17-inch from the end of 2007 or later.
- MacBook – you need a 13-inch aluminum since 2008 in early 2009 or later.
- iMac – it needs to be at least mid-2007 or newer.
- MacBook Air – it needs to be at least 2008 or more recently.
- Mac Mini – it needs to be early 2009 or newer.
- Mac Pro – it needs to be the beginning of 2008 or newer.
- Xserve – from the beginning of 2009.
How to upgrade from a previous OS X 10.9 Developer Preview Mavericks
If you have previously installed the Developer Preview Mavericks, upgrade to version 7 is very simple. It is sufficient to access the Mac App Store via the icon in the folder Applications , go to the tab for updates, wait for the scanning of the final Developer Preview , and then upgrade.
The package refers only to update the operating system. To use it you need to have installed on your Mac one of the preceding Developer Previews .
How to install OS X 10.9 Developer Preview Mavericks 7 on Mac
If you have not installed any Developer Preview Mavericks on your Mac , the first step to perform is to install the Developer Preview 1 via USB stick (from alemno 8GB). Here’s how to do it.
- First of all you must get version 1 Developer Preview of OS X 10.9. You can find it here: A copy of OSX 10.9 Mavericks: direct link , Torrent . In terms of the download you should find a file with the extension. dmg. Double-click on it, look for the file Install OS X 10.9 Developer Preview.app and drag it to the folder Applications
- Launch the Terminal and enter the following commands
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
- Now enter the folder from the Finder Applications , click with the right button on the file Install OS X 10.9 Developer Preview.app copied previously and select Show Package Contents
- Venture to the Contents / SharedSupport and double-click on the file InstallESD.dmg
- Launch Disk Utility and select Restore
- Set as a source BaseSystem.dmg and target your USB key
- Access your key via the icon on the desktop and go inSystem / Installation and, if there is a folder called Packages , delete
- Now on your desk should have a volume called InstallESD . Open it and copy the folder Packages
- Go back to your USB stick, in the folder where you were previously, and pasted the folder Packages previously copied
If you have followed all the steps you will end up with a USB flash drive containing the installation of OSX 10.9 Mavericks . Now what you need to do is insert the memory stick into a USB port, restart your Mac while holding down the Alt and follow the instructions to install the new operating system.
Download Mavericks OS X 10.9 Developer Preview 7
More details and downloads of all versions of Mac OS X 10.9 Developer Preview, including the sixth beta: HERE .